Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoomLord

Nightmare- skill = !!!

Nightmare isn't impossible, it's just a matter of practice and time-wasting :)
I'm not a really good player, yet i did ep1 nm movie using doom.exe, no cheat, no saves (got the demo). Don't try to do like Vile's demos or others, work your own routes, take your time and it'll be ok. Really, episodes 1, 2 and 3 can be done by almost all players. Fourth episode is a bit tougher, a HUGE bit :)

Squonk said:
I'm not a really good player, yet i did ep1 nm movie using doom.exe, no cheat, no saves (got the demo).

I saw it (I've been watching the CDF demos), nice run. It's cool to see people complete the episodes (or even all of DOOM II, of course), since it's always a feat, even if others have done it before.

CFD, not CDF :p
Sadly, even if there are some players there, they never do long demos like episode runs...

Anyway, thanks :)

You can use lsvc as you wish for your site, and if you want me to make another site (like nightmare.free.fr), just ask for it :)
But please, move it from the CFD directory ;)

I like reading these textfiles, not that the demos aren't good (don't have time to watch them all right now :), but I just enjoy the commentary attached to these accomplishments.

If you have a pack to add, send it to either Vince or me (squonk at free dot fr), we are the only two to have the access to this ftp.

And I love watching your demos, Ryback... Keyboard, omg :p

Ryback said:

Hey, Vince's collection is up :)

I've got a D1SS for you if you want it Vince :)

it's already in there :)

now I need your D2SS , so you can claim the 3rd DSS title ever (D1SS+D2SS) :)

I think vile can do nightmare twice as fast as I can do hurt me plenty.. On the few times I tried nightmare I couldn't even pass level 2.

gggmork said:
I couldn't even pass level 2.

That's a tough level for NM, though, because of the numerous Shotgun guys, and the tight sewer area.

Really? Maybe I've just played map 7 so much, but I rarely have any problems with it; just blast through. Map 4 is easier in a multi-level run, as you're juiced up from map 3 by then, but from scratch I find it difficult (mostly because of the start). Map 9, regardless of circumstances, has always been a bitch for me.

map09 is ok in regular NM as you got the the BFG from 08 (w/o its a little trickier but not that much).

In NM100s though it's a completely different story :)