Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tatsurd-cacocaco

Claustrophobia 1024 Demos

Map01 UV-Speed - 0:02 Also Reality!

Perfect glide - another cool skulltag trick.
1sec is possible, but it always skips ~1sec during loading, even in window mode. =(

2c01-002.zip

j4rio said:

Quite long time since last post in thread dedicated to demos of claustrophobia so posted here :>

reviving dedicated threads is actually encouraged, afaik

Very nicest. What's the deal with exiting in map17 before all monsters were dead, whil all of leftovers were in plain sight by the end of demo?

48 minutes ago, j4rio said:

Very nicest. What's the deal with exiting in map17 before all monsters were dead, whil all of leftovers were in plain sight by the end of demo?

I guess he used "smart total". As I watched the video, the smart total shows that he killed all the monsters. Those remaining ones are revived by Arch-vile(s). I'm not sure whether this is the UV Max requirement though. Probably those should be killed since I asked a similar question about BtSXE1M06.

4 hours ago, j4rio said:

I usually use automap to determine the amount of monsters, and that number always remains as a fixed amount for me, neither Lost Souls or resurrected monsters can change that. I'm certain that I hadn't changed anything in settings, but is looking at the auto map allowed to determine your current monster count? I wasn't aware if that isn't the case. The percentage total usually exceeds 100% on the tally screen on maps with Arch-Viles, so I assumed I only needed to kill the monsters that were there from player start.

You have to kill monsters resurrected by archviles, unless they were spawned by IoS. It becomes more complex with archviles spawned by IoS; I think it's generally agreed that monsters resurrected by IoS spawned archviles do not have to be killed.

2 minutes ago, 4shockblast said:

You have to kill monsters resurrected by archviles, unless they were spawned by IoS. It becomes more complex with archviles spawned by IoS; I think it's generally agreed that monsters resurrected by IoS spawned archviles do not have to be killed.

Thanks, 4shock. Fortunately I have yet to send these off to Andy, so I'll simply redo the map with smart total disabled (if that's possible :P). I'll make separate text files, too. 

15 hours ago, TheV1perK1ller said:

so I'll simply redo the map with smart total disabled (if that's possible :P).

In case you're not joking:

Options -> Setup -> Status Bar / HUD -> (Page 2) -> Smart Totals

This will change the Advanced HUD (not the one on automap though) format into K XXX M YYY. This means there are YYY monsters alive. When you're not playing an Icon of Sin map, the YYY should be 0 to fit the UV Max category.

23 minutes ago, GarrettChan said:

In case you're not joking:

Options -> Setup -> Status Bar / HUD -> (Page 2) -> Smart Totals

This will change the Advanced HUD (not the one on automap though) format into K XXX M YYY. This means there are YYY monsters alive. When you're not playing an Icon of Sin map, the YYY should be 0 to fit the UV Max category.

Ah, I guess using the Advanced HUD is in order, then. Thank you for your help.

Map03 UV Tyson/Reality

2c03t307.zip

Well... my dance around the Hell Knight is not that entertaining this time. I once had a good run but got hit by the last Hell Knight...