Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lost Heretic

Scythe 2 Demos [-complevel 2]

hahahahahahahahaha... i can see why e5 took so long. 24+25 are epic.

2 Torr Samaho: i encountered that problem sometime ago too, i dunno why this happen. Demos i've posted in this thread are loading properly from any location for me, though.

2 dew: LAME is the word that actually represent my style. Perhaps i will never be satisfied with my own demos. There`s always flaws that makes me damn myself.

map04 UV-max in 1:51
map05 UV-max in 1:29

s204, s205.zip

Such FANTASTIC demos! These have kept me very entertained through what would have been two long, slow days of illness. Some of the tricks and skills being shown... Wow. Very wow! Each and every one of you, keep up the very good work!

And single-digit health still excites me :)

skepticist said:
map04 UV-max in 1:51
map05 UV-max in 1:29

You might want to use an underscore instead of a comma and a space to name two demos zipped together, like s204_s205.zip. My browser (Firefox 2) cuts the name off after the comma, downloading the attachment as an unidentified file type.

myk said:

You might want to use an underscore instead of a comma and a space to name two demos zipped together, like s204_s205.zip. My browser (Firefox 2) cuts the name off after the comma, downloading the attachment as an unidentified file type.

same at me, and same for s201 and s202 can you reupload all these demos, please ...

If you download and rename the unidentified file (s201, or s204,) to a zip, it'll unzip.

I`m very sorry for problems i`ve cause. I`ll better follow an advice of myk and will use underscores instead of comma next time.

I reuploaded demos of maps 01-02, 04-05 in case it still needed.

s2skep.zip

Akse said:

Scythe II Episode V UV TAS Speed Movie

Total - 3:49

Nice! Especially, vile-jumps in map 24 is awesome. The rest of scythe2's TAS is Episode II. I'm looking forward to watching it.

Map 10 UV-Max in 2:43
Map 16 UV-Max in 0:41

sc2_tatsurd4.zip

One more UV-max, map32 in 2:14. Veeery lame (heh, there`s no surprise :-), but as an excuse i`m still not got used to this kind of gameplay. Despite the map itself is easy (all those spheres and ammo is more than enough to finish off map without grinding teeth), going through it quickly is a different story. Basically i wanted to push it under 2:10 but i`m sick & tired of all those countless attempts i have.

2 gggmork: both start & ending sequences of your map02 runs are fast enough, but you lose time in the middle. I guess opening BSK door right after falling from upwhere isn`t good idea. While you`re fighting revenants crowd become more spead-out. Try to concetrate fire on those in the YSK door passage instead, maybe it will help shave off few secs.

s232-214.zip

Tried your suggestion for map2 skep, eventually got it to 2:04 (not worth posting). No freakin way I can do 1:57, especially since stupid cacos or demons run in circles around me while I miss punching them, and even if I punch them directly it 'hits' them like 50% of the time. And I shoot imps point blank with a double barrel without causing any damage and get snagged on everything.

Shaved a measily 3 seconds off 32 though.. (included some irritating snag fails). Enemies often snag me when I can't even see them on screen, poking the corner of their bounding box into me from some unshootable blind spot.

Skeps demos are really fast/efficient.

s232-211.zip

Nice times! Map20 time looks amazing, haven't seen the demo yet.
btw I got map21 tyson in 3:26 but I have to do something much closer to 3 mins to be satisfied (beating maxtime with tyson run only is always funny for me). The UVmax on 21 itself should go there down to 2:30 at least then!

Excellent work everyone! gggmork, your maxes makes mine looks even more lame than they are :).
Here my answer to s232, 4 more secs shaved off. It is what i actually was aiming for from the beginning. Thanks for giving extra motivation to try this map again :).

s232-207.zip

gggmork said:

Got 20 down to 6:58:

holy shit... that is one of the most aggressive demos i've ever seen. you were ridiculously close to dying half of the run. oh yeah and it's keyb only. thanks for jawdropping 7 minutes. :)

All I really did for 20 is 2-bfg-hit cybers and pile up bfg blasts for the viles from far away to take them out fast (my beginning mancubus route looks faster but I only reach the red waterfall 4 seconds faster than tatsurd plus had lucky infighting). So tatsurd was probably onto a better route in general because he was quite close despite not doing those things.
2-bfg-hitting cybers becomes a lot easier with practice on maps like tom 11 (or 31/same without an exploit) and 16.. s20 didn't even take me many attempts (most of my life loss was probably rocket splash damaging my own face, but I had the map pre memorized from long ago) and maybe if the cybers fought the hell knight pockets more or some sort of combination of tatsurds strategy could be 630ish or so.
Basically to 2-bfg-hit a cyber (but not even sure if thats desired here because leaving them alive might help infighting) hit the fire button approximately on the cyber's 2nd rocket shot which will time it to hit safely after the 3rd (get really close to maximize damage).
Nice runs everyone. Might try to rebeat 32 eventually.

got 20 down to 6:10.
This one took a buttload of attempts (so maybe my previous 6:58 in few attempts was luck). I really need to get an n-key keyboard and switch to separate strafing keys to increase maneuverability.

s220-610.zip