Reaper Grimm
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Doom Speed Demos > UAC Ultra demos (-complevel 9)
Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 01:43. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Phml
Forum Spammer

As the time of this writing, the final version isn't released and there's a few bugs here and there, so some demos might desync in the near future.

Here's a Map02 solo coop UV Max in 10:20. Nothing great, I like learning maps as I record. It plays back with the -solo-net parameter.

Attachment: ua02sc1020.zip
This has been downloaded 22 time(s).

Old Post 03-29-10 01:10 #
Phml is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Super Jamie
Forum Staple

That is impressive.

Not only do you annihilate UV, but do so with the additional monsters we added for co-op play, plus you seem to go out of your way to wake more monsters up and make things even harder for yourself. This is a pleasure to watch :)

The updated version is out, the Archvile is not trapped in this now which should hopefully make that part a bit harder :P

Old Post 03-29-10 03:08 #
Super Jamie is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Phml
Forum Spammer

(Recorded with v1.1)

Map 10 UV Max in 14:37

After numerous deaths at solo COOP on this map, I tried normal UV. First try, first exit, some parts are a bit ackward.

Attachment: ua10-1437.zip
This has been downloaded 10 time(s).

Last edited by Phml on 03-30-10 at 13:00

Old Post 03-29-10 18:12 #
Phml is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Phml
Forum Spammer

(Recorded with v1.1)

Map10 UV Max in 13:47

Attachment: ua10-1347.zip
This has been downloaded 19 time(s).

Last edited by Phml on 03-30-10 at 13:00

Old Post 03-29-10 18:31 #
gggmork
If you can make any sense of this post, congratulations

Here's my bad first demo attempts. I failed most; don't watch them.

Attachment: uacultra-fda-ggg.zip
This has been downloaded 12 time(s).

Old Post 03-29-10 20:22 #
gggmork is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Phml
Forum Spammer

(Recording with v1.2 final from now on)

Map11 UV Max solo coop in 4:16

I once had a much better start, but somehow after the teleport I got stuck. I suppose one monster teleported first and was wandering around, and when I teleported we were close enough to get stuck in each other but not enough for me to telefrag it ? That teleporter would have worked better with "block monster" lines in my opinion, although admittedly it's not a big thing, I was just a bit annoyed to lose a great demo from a bug. :p

Attachment: ua11sc416.zip
This has been downloaded 18 time(s).

Old Post 03-30-10 13:01 #
vdgg
MM2 maniac

A Tyson for MAP03 :)

Time - 16:58

Attachment: ua031658.zip
This has been downloaded 14 time(s).

Old Post 03-30-10 23:17 #
vdgg is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Super Jamie
Forum Staple

Phml said:
I was just a bit annoyed to lose a great demo from a bug. :p
Ahh, I noticed that teleport too though I figured monsters would get telefragged anyway. Sorry :/

vdgg said:
A Tyson for MAP03 :)
Impressive! Making the lift in the red key door, I almost put another sound block line further up the passage to stop people doing what you did, but thought I'd see if anyone figured it out, so nice work ;) The Manc you pistoled might have been easier to berserk using the blocks in the room as cover, like you did with the Imps directly afterwards? You make the end room look so easy, I can't even do that well with the SSG!

Old Post 03-30-10 23:59 #
Super Jamie is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Revved

Map 7 UV Speed in 1:17

Attachment: ua07-117.zip

Old Post 03-31-10 02:11 #
Revved is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
vdgg
MM2 maniac

I almost put another sound block line further up the passage to stop people doing what you did

In my case, it would add some difficulty. In general I think it's good you left it as it is: if someone's really low on health, lowering the imps two by two gives him a chance to survive and continue playing (plus, it's funny to watch IMO)

Old Post 03-31-10 21:12 #
vdgg is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Super Jamie
Forum Staple

vdgg said:
(plus, it's funny to watch IMO)

I agree, it's like a monster dispenser. If I was not so lazy I'd make an image macro of "press button, receive bacon" but with Imps :P

Old Post 03-31-10 23:11 #
kimo_xvirus

MAP07 UV Max in 1:08

Attachment: ua07-108.zip
This has been downloaded 31 time(s).

Old Post 04-01-10 10:13 #
kimo_xvirus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Super Jamie
Forum Staple

kimo_xvirus said:
MAP07 UV Max in 1:08
http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/8875/bownotworthy.gif

Old Post 04-01-10 10:22 #
kimo_xvirus

lol thanks man!
I really like this mapset
here's map01 UV Max in 2:58

Attachment: ua01-258.zip
This has been downloaded 21 time(s).

Old Post 04-01-10 14:17 #
kimo_xvirus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Gingercat
Mini-Member

The texture designs in these levels are gorgeous! The Sliderdemon is an interesting idea too - does he have a melee attack with that hammer? I imagine that getting cracked across the skull with that would hurt more than a Skelly fist!

Some sweet runs guys, keep up the good work!

Old Post 04-02-10 01:37 #
Gingercat is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Super Jamie
Forum Staple

Glad you guys are liking the maps :)

The Haymaker doesn't have a melee attack though that's a really cool idea!

We've already had someone PM us about basing a monster off him (with some awesome sprite modifications) and permissions on the wad permit works based on anything we've done, so if you wanted to use him in your own maps with an additional melee then please do, it would be cool to see.

Old Post 04-02-10 03:37 #
Gingercat
Mini-Member

It's always neat when someone comes up with a new and novel monster to add interest or challenge to a level, whether it's the tough Afrits or the agile Haymaker (he sure gets around quickly!). Players who have "seen it all" have something new to play with all over again :)

And new textures are an attractive proposition if they're done well, as these ones certainly were.

A monster based off the Haymaker hmm? Could be very interesting indeed... I'm watching this space.

Old Post 04-02-10 08:57 #
Gingercat is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
vdgg
MM2 maniac

If you look at the filename, you'll deduct it's a MAP05 demo and it's not Tyson this time... UV Max, of course, in 8:40

Attachment: ua05-840.zip
This has been downloaded 16 time(s).

Old Post 04-02-10 11:07 #
Gingercat
Mini-Member

Whoa! First time I've ever seen the rabbit's head in-game... And it was so unexpected it really gave me the creeps!

Looking at the map, I spotted what I thought was the "missing" secret (Secret1)...

Attachment: secret1.zip
This has been downloaded 12 time(s).

Old Post 04-02-10 13:13 #
Gingercat
Mini-Member

...Zooming in seems to confirm my suspicion, that there are indeed two "secret" sectors here. Did a -nomonsters. Walking into this room "reveals a secret", and noclipping up onto that ledge in front of the shootable switch (Secret2) "reveals a secret" as well - It has indeed been mistakenly tagged as another secret. (It's nice that PrBoom considers a sector walked on even in noclip.)

Proof positive that you got all collectable secrets.

Attachment: secret2.zip
This has been downloaded 11 time(s).

Old Post 04-02-10 13:14 #
Super Jamie
Forum Staple

Yeah vdgg found that one out via PM too. Sorry :/

The Daisy head is another little tribute to Doom 1. It's out the window on MAP01 too.

Old Post 04-02-10 16:42 #
cycloid
Forum Regular

NEWER EDIT: http://cyclomedia.co.uk/doom/demos/ua02-706.zip

Second exit, took 28 seconds off the first. Much cleaner apart from any bit of it that involves revenants, i just seem incapable of dealing with them correctly tonight. Or aiming my chaingun properly. Or not getting snagged on every fucking lamp. Should be able to get this under 7 mins, but not tonight, too much Becks is in my blood.

EDIT: http://cyclomedia.co.uk/doom/demos/ua02-734.zip

Map 02 UV Max 7:34. Very untidy and i spend a lot of time hiding or waiting for lifts and crushers, but it's the only exit i've managed :-)

Last edited by cycloid on 04-29-10 at 22:54

Old Post 04-29-10 12:59 #
cycloid is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
kimo_xvirus

Hey cycloid :D
Map02 UV Max in 4:28
Map02 UV Tyson in 6:30

Attachment: kimouac.zip
This has been downloaded 29 time(s).

Old Post 05-07-10 15:27 #
Super Jamie
Forum Staple

kimo_xvirus said:
Map02 UV Tyson in 6:30

Nice thingbump on the Tyson run :)

Old Post 05-07-10 22:01 #
cycloid
Forum Regular

@kimo i get a W_GetNumForName: M_EPI4 not found error trying to play back the map 02 max. I want to watch myself getting pwned!

EDIT: I am a moron : was trying to play the zip, not the lmp. Amazing that you toow off 2.5 minutes by just basically getting on with it and getting stuck in as compared to my nervous running away!

Last edited by cycloid on 05-09-10 at 20:46

Old Post 05-08-10 16:57 #
cycloid is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TendaMonsta

[QUOTE]kimo_xvirus said:
Hey cycloid :D
[/QUOTE

You have some of the best fade away kills I've ever seen.

Anyway this mapset looks really great. The texture alone makes it really stand out! 40oz and Super Jamie did a great job here and I feel like playing this one day.

Old Post 07-29-10 03:40 #
TendaMonsta is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Creaphis
I will deliberately take a contrary position just for the sake of writing incredibly long arguments

Kimo is a beast.

Old Post 07-29-10 04:48 #
Creaphis is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
kimo_xvirus

TendaMonsta said:
You have some of the best fade away kills I've ever seen.

Fade away? As in killng the low healthed monster while moving away from him? I like that style :D

Here's 2 max demos for the next 2 maps
Map03 UV Max in 5:30
Map04 UV Max in 6:15

Attachment: kimouac2.zip
This has been downloaded 16 time(s).

Old Post 07-30-10 12:28 #
TendaMonsta

kimo_xvirus said:

Fade away? As in killng the low healthed monster while moving away from him?

Yeah...If I get back into doing runs I'm going to practice that because it saves more time than people think. I am happy that you are taking an interest in Max runs also.

Old Post 07-30-10 13:02 #
TendaMonsta is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
kimo_xvirus

Map06 UV Max in 8:28
Map08 UV Max in 9:18

Attachment: kimouac2.zip

Old Post 08-23-10 23:54 #