Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Looper

Nomonster speedrunning

Final Doom: The Plutonia Experiment Map 13 in 24.89

Well, if anyone like glides as much as I do, you would be very excited for this, which for me is, a massive discovery!

This demo shows how to do a north directed guideless glide consistent, and it works really really well. Only east directed glides remain rather difficult to achive in a short amount of time.

I wish I discovered this before I did ep 2 of plutonia on nightmare, but maybe it will be useful later :)

Previous record was 0:31 by Kraflab, so 7 seconds improvement!

pl13o024.zip

ZeroMaster010
Insane glides!
Wasn't it generally faster to use "turn 180"
button after the switch instead of mouse turning?

kraflab said:

I think someone could get a 14 here.

Yes, you. :P I think you can save a surprising amount of time if you don't run into the BK like this, but just sort of "grab" it by starting to backpedal sooner.

2002 A Doom Odyssey
E1M3s in 31.80

Enjoyed the movement in this map actually. This can definitely be improved but I'm moving on to the other maps. The normal exit should also be improvable, although I think it would be much harder. Memphis didn't wallrun after the key bump so that could save a decent amount of time if you do it quickly.

a1d3so3180.zip

Simply Phobos
E1M8 in 32

Just documenting this glide since it didn't have a demo - nice when a boss map can be done in NoMo. This is what I would call a "half-guided" glide, since the geometry of the angle on the left side is pretty finicky and will sometimes bounce you away from the gap instead of letting you slide into it. Definitely way less trouble than unguided for east though.

p1b8o0032.zip