Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Looper

Nomonster speedrunning

Just figured out gliding last night. Suddenly I got the impulse to record a few demos.

DOOM2
MAP02: 26 seconds
First successful go at this map. Glided like a princess, but forgot about the blue key. Oops.

MAP16: 22 seconds
Yesterday this was easy. Now it took a whole lot of attempts to even get through.

MAP19: 59 seconds
Couldn't remember which firewall to shoot down to raise that platform, even though I played the level earlier today.

d2_3glid.zip

Jimi said:

Just figured out gliding last night. Suddenly I got the impulse to record a few demos.

Heh, I'll have to check these on Monday I have only ever managed to successfully glide twice (both on TV! Maps) but never managed to pull it off elsewhere. Also, welcome to the demos section, Jimi .

congratulations to your warm up run Looper. Just because you call it like that and that you complain about small mistakes resulting in 1 second behind your usual time in a map shows me again, that you are far above my skill level (and some other runners too). It is always a joy to watch your demos!

Btw I checked the doom2 UV max runs and found the one from you and Zvonimir Bužanić mentioning that the current record was 9 mins although kOeGy and me have made a 4.5 run a few months before that. Interesting to see that in the regions far above us the people do not even recognize us... haha I am just kidding, keep up the awesome work!!

Furthermore I like your playing style more than Zeros. Although his D2ALL run is faster I have the feeling your runs are more fluent and perfected. I guess the time improvement comes from other tricks like glides and rocket jumps he uses. This has to be honored too of course, but I speculate if you both do the exactly same route, your time might be faster. <---- all this is just my opinion, no objective statement.

ZeroMaster010 said:

Scythe map 09 in 0:18.97

My first real attempt at nomo :)

Awesome to see one of my Scythe nomos beaten. :)

Scythe map 17 in 0:24.97. Decided I'd bring my first Scythe nomo up to my current standards. :D

sc17o024.zip

Scythe X demos
Map 02 in 0:23.83
Map 03 in 0:28.63
Map 06 in 0:13.66
Map 07 in 0:15.74
Map 10 in 0:11.26
Adapting to a new mouse currently D:

sxnomo.zip

Two Scythe nomos that I tried improving but couldn't get a second off. Posting anyway since I got significant improvements in tics.

Map 06 in 0:09.26.
Map 31s in 0:08.14.

In both cases, I included my previous exit of the same time, so these should replace those demos on the DSDA. For map 6, I also included a fairly quick recording of the non-wallrun route in 0:21.29.

sc_nomo12.zip

Scythe map 4 in 0:13.20 (bonus strafe40 only in 0:13.86).

Only beats KyleMcAwesome's DSDA nomo by tics, but I figured this was clean enough to upload it anyway since I probably won't be focusing on this run any time soon as I'm not sure I can get 12s. There's definitely small movement optimizations that could be done here that I noticed with XDRE, but ironing them out would probably take a lot of effort for me right now, and there's other runs I want to do at the moment. :P

sc04o013.zip

Switcherroom Demos
I well know that I have an inactive demopack from the summer. Hope to reintroduce it an get more runs. Maybe sometime this summer/spring I can get working on it.
E4M7 in 0:10 (finally shaved off those tics!)

MD922 said:

Switcherroom Demos
I well know that I have an inactive demopack from the summer. Hope to reintroduce it an get more runs. Maybe sometime this summer/spring I can get working on it.
E4M7 in 0:10 (finally shaved off those tics!)

Fixed something from the attachment, but forgot to replace.

s4r7o010.zip

Previous post I thought I beat Cyber's Switcherroom E1 nomonsters run, but it turns out I tied him. Did a new run today, some improvement but I want to work on it more in the near future (sub-4:35)

Switcherroom Episode 1 Nomonsters in 4:37
Sub 4:40, woot woot!

sre1o437.zip

Eviltech

01 in 0:25
07 in 0:43
11 in 0:40
20 in 1:17
21 in 0:23

Skip of the intended death exit on map 20 (map 11 can be skipped as well, although it's irrelevant for an IL). No one will ever use this information but there it is :D

et01kraf.zip