Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
General Rainbow Bacon

Sunder demos [-complevel 9]

j4rio said:

Okay that's it, this map is pure bullshit and if I were to accuse okuplok of cheating (which I'm heartedly not doing) it'd be because of maxing this map. I trained the last fight for ages and just about always some twats fall in lava... I went for a max anyway and after a bunch of hundreds of fails, guess what happened... MONSTERS FELL IN LAVA. I don't want to see this map ever again until something is done about this. I also forgot to open up exit but that bothers me the least, if at all.

Thanks ... ._.

Damn, J4. I watched this demo and I feel so sorry for you. This map looks like a bitch to play with all those ledges and unwanted/annoying monsters positioning. About monsters falling, I just HATE when that happens.

Anyways, wouldn't setting complevel to 2 prevent that from happening?

I decided to give it a go, and apparently it changes way more than just falling monsters. Those rocky bridges are somehow even more slippery so moving on them is not that far from a direct suicide, also a lot of items are unreachable, floating in air. It's quite obvious this was implemented for boom, but it looks possible with compl 2, though maybe even harder. Still there is no one to blame, gazebo didn't intend this wad to be demo-recordable.

Well, I'm far from a complevel expert but maybe there is some complevel that both prevents monsters from hanging off as well as keeping most of the Boom aspect?

Still, maybe it takes just luck not to have the monsters fall down in the final battle.

I'd rather just stick to boom instead of trying some workarounds. I got to the last room thrice over 3 days of attempting, but ate some homing rockets twice. I would eventually get it done, but it's just ridiculously demotivating to play after this.

j4rio said:

I just don't know what to write here so. . .

map 5 "precarious" uvmax in 15:56

Nice run here, I always hate this map in Sunder. It will be a great shame if you fall down after 100% kills and secrets. Have you got other Sunder runs after map11?

well with the mind-boggling stuff appearing I figured I know one of such things actually

sunder 1.4 map 14 uvspeed in... well some minutes

don't upload this anywhere

(and Gazebo... fix this)

su14-bug.zip

I remember this place from Okuplok's demo. It is explained here:

The player's health cannot drop below 1% while within this type of sector, a fact that has strange consequences when the player is not touching the sector floor.

What a coincidence. I also played map 12 today. I got 40 min with all kills. But I din't record hehe. My tactic for the last room is very much based on luck for me so I don't think I'll even try running this map.

j4rio said:

map 12 max 29:40

OH MY FUCKING GOD! i was almost screaming at a few situation
you crazy cow, you really fell on your knees at fucking 1% health in last fight ahah :D I bet you finally thought "I made it!" after picking up last megasphere.. I was surprised on the "mistake" which cost you basically all the armour in the final room, ?im glad you've heroically made it to the exit in one piece!
bravo!

map11, never again. First time getting to platform puzzle, never been so stressed out in a game ever. Got 102% kills, did not use a monster counter to verify if that really means everything was dead...

1:26:51

bs_sunder11_uvmax.zip

Vorpal said:

map11, never again. First time getting to platform puzzle, never been so stressed out in a game ever. Got 102% kills, did not use a monster counter to verify if that really means everything was dead...

1:26:51

Well, actually, Okuplok got 51:49 on that same map, but as of now, it's only available on YouTube and not the DSDA.

Also, sorry to burst your bubble, but I checked without using smart totals, and you ended up leaving two resurrected monsters alive: an imp and a hell knight.