Doom monster
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Doom Speed Demos > Failed demo attempts
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 07:28. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Ribbiks

damn it.

Sunder map12 (Zealous Machine) failed UV-Max in 28:31

Missed 1 monster.

Attachment: su12_fail.zip
This has been downloaded 31 time(s).

Old Post 01-08-13 05:01 #
Ribbiks is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Nevan

Hell Revealed 2 Map04

Frustrating red key is frustrating.

Old Post 01-08-13 20:56 #
Nevan is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Nevan

And my failure to post an attachment shows my frustration.

Attachment: h24fail.zip
This has been downloaded 22 time(s).

Old Post 01-08-13 20:58 #
Nevan is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Daiyu_Xiaoxiang
Forum Regular

Whispers of Satan Map14 UV-Max failed.

A crazy rush of final RK room and a crazy death.

Attachment: wos-14-fail.zip
This has been downloaded 18 time(s).

九泉底下十徘徊,奈何橋上恨正長
腸百折,愁千縷,萬般無奈把心傷 - 袁樂梅(「梅花三弄之」岳翎的角色)

我是中華民國的台灣人! I am Taiwanese of Republic of China(ROC)!!!

Last edited by Daiyu_Xiaoxiang on 03-06-13 at 17:21

Old Post 01-12-13 07:29 #
Daiyu_Xiaoxiang is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
blob1024
Forum Regular

enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-7Nfb7fcXI

Attachment: p215-failsssss.zip
This has been downloaded 16 time(s).

Old Post 01-29-13 18:58 #
blob1024 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
vdgg
MM2 maniac

MM MAP29 UV "Max" with one missed monster... Just look how devious that monster was... Time: 12:06

Attachment: mm29-fail.zip
This has been downloaded 19 time(s).

Old Post 01-31-13 15:34 #
vdgg is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Revved

vdgg said:
MM MAP29 UV "Max" with one missed monster... Just look how devious that monster was... Time: 12:06

Damn, that must suck...

BTW, you know what triggers that caco platform to go down at the beginning? It seems like it only goes down all the way half the time when I do it, the other half, it only goes down a bit, and once the caco's killed, the inner section of the platform rises up.

Old Post 01-31-13 18:58 #
Revved is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
vdgg
MM2 maniac

You must NOT cross the linedef near the first red key (you must gently "grab" that key). What a crazy map!

Old Post 01-31-13 20:23 #
vdgg is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Memfis
Forum Spammer

Tried to max new map by Darkwave0000, died after killing 1300 of 1343 monsters... Well, I didn't have reliable strategy for that final battle so it's not surprising. Anyone else wants to take a stab at it?

Attachment: dw32memfail.zip
This has been downloaded 17 time(s).

Old Post 02-04-13 22:20 #
Memfis is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Memfis
Forum Spammer

4 more deaths, all in the same spot (with around 45 monsters left). I can always survive that fight during the practice but for some reason it's impossible when I'm recording. Satan made this game.

Attachment: dw32mem-4more-fails-in-that-place.zip

Old Post 02-05-13 23:00 #
Memfis is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Ribbiks

you can cheese your way through that last encounter I think. after hitting the YK switch you can quickly tele back to where the HKs come out, then run out of the room to safety (block-monster lines prevent the barons/etc from leaving), wait there for the cyb to tele over and spur some infighting.

I only played through once though so the strat may not be super reliable, idk.

on a side note I'm honored to have a midi of mine in a darkwave map :)

Old Post 02-05-13 23:13 #
Ribbiks is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Memfis
Forum Spammer

Hmm I did consider running away but I thought that it would slow down my demo significantly (seems like you get way better infightings if you stay near the switch for a while). I guess in the end slow is better than dead though. :p

Your midi is great btw and it fits the map really well.

edit: heh, actually that works really well and the infightings are great usually. Thanks for the idea. :)

Old Post 02-05-13 23:22 #
Ribbiks

cheers, I may attempt a demo also though it'll likely be slower. you're probably getting pretty good at the map by now :)

Old Post 02-05-13 23:56 #
gggmork
If you can make any sense of this post, congratulations

edit: got further and died lamely on that cyber/hell knight part.

This route seems like it was intentional (for darkwave map above):
http://filesmelt.com/dl/darkwave32-ggg2.lmp
http://filesmelt.com/dl/darkwave32-fail-ggg3.lmp
(died, didn't plan much beyond that- probably should have gone for the row of rocket boxes on opposite side first instead of plasma gun)

I only watched the fastest of your 4 deaths, so which part did you have trouble on, the 2 warping center viles, or the hell knights + cyber after hitting the switch? (didn't try the latter part much, but my guess would be after hitting the switch run to the opposite side and shoot red barons on the right for a path to run out).

Last edited by gggmork on 02-06-13 at 04:39

Old Post 02-06-13 01:10 #
gggmork is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Memfis
Forum Spammer

Cool route! And a bit disappointing actually because now almost the whole map looks easy heh. Without AV jumps both the southern and northern parts are more difficult/exciting (gotta be careful to not get get cornered by imps or smashed by a stray rocket, plus PEs like to go nuts).

I was talking about the part with the HKs + cyber but 2 viles killed me a few times as well. btw to escape you can easily skip barons on the left without shooting, they tend to go back to their "lair" for some reason. Always works for me (at least when not recording :D).

Old Post 02-06-13 12:24 #
gggmork
If you can make any sense of this post, congratulations

Here's my sad demo, missed one monster and only 15 sec faster than yours despite playing all day.
http://filesmelt.com/dl/darkwave32-...ER-1715-ggg.lmp

Old Post 02-07-13 08:51 #
gggmork is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Memfis
Forum Spammer

Awww how unlucky, some imp got stuck on a ledge and didn't come to you. Nice ideas there and I really liked the part where you were constantly turning around to shoot imps (looks cool).

Old Post 02-07-13 13:00 #
tatsurd-cacocaco

Epic 2 Map 10 failed

An intercepts overflow (all ghosts bug) happened in the exit area. :(

Attachment: e211fomg.zip

Last edited by tatsurd-cacocaco on 02-11-13 at 04:23

Old Post 02-11-13 01:40 #
tatsurd-cacocaco is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Null
Warming Up

CChest 4 map16

I don't understand how this happened.

Attachment: c416what_the_hell.zip
This has been downloaded 26 time(s).

Old Post 02-11-13 19:20 #
Null is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Memfis
Forum Spammer

Null said:
CChest 4 map16

haha, fantastic ending

Old Post 02-11-13 19:39 #
Springy

Stomper Unfinished map01 UV Tyson attempt 1:56. Mega armour secret didn't register for some reason (it registered in other attempts). I also accidentally picked up the rocket launcher and due to uv tyson rules that means a failure. I really need a better PC so I can record better.

Attachment: su01-uvt-fail.zip

Old Post 02-11-13 21:54 #
Springy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Grazza
Let's try Caesium

For Tyson, you don't need any secrets. It also doesn't matter what weapons you pick up; you just need to avoid firing anything above a pistol.

Old Post 02-11-13 22:30 #
Grazza is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Springy

Grazza said:
For Tyson, you don't need any secrets. It also doesn't matter what weapons you pick up; you just need to avoid firing anything above a pistol.

Oh, I thought you need max out on secrets and kills or is that GM Tyson (the one with the fast parameter)? I'll go and redo this then.

Old Post 02-11-13 22:32 #
Springy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
blob1024
Forum Regular

Grazza said:

failed to fail then! :)

Old Post 02-11-13 22:39 #
blob1024 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Memfis
Forum Spammer

Woah, thank you for mentioning this wad Springy. Amazing levels!

Old Post 02-11-13 23:07 #
Grazza
Let's try Caesium

Springy said:
Oh, I thought you need max out on secrets and kills or is that GM Tyson (the one with the fast parameter)? I'll go and redo this then.
For Tyson, you just need Max kills firing only weapons 1 and 2. Fast Tyson is just that - Tyson with the -fast parameter - no need for secrets there either.

"GM" is an old-fashioned term for Max with fast monsters (which we just call "UV -Fast" nowadays). Max does require secrets, and so does "GM". "GM Tyson" is a somewhat ambiguous term - it could mean "GM" with an additional Tyson requirement, or it might just mean Tyson with -fast.

Old Post 02-12-13 01:38 #
Grazza is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Daiyu_Xiaoxiang
Forum Regular

Epic 2 Map18 Failed.

2 runs in this file, both runs are ruined in the same area with the same situation. The fucking cyberdemon and this fucking secret is a bullshit in this map.

Attachment: epc2-18-fail.zip

九泉底下十徘徊,奈何橋上恨正長

Last edited by Daiyu_Xiaoxiang on 03-06-13 at 17:21

Old Post 02-17-13 15:13 #
Daiyu_Xiaoxiang is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Memfis
Forum Spammer

Heh, I'd say these deaths are your fault. I think the best tactic is to wait for him to shoot three rockets, then he should walk around for a bit and during that time you can pick up the BFG with no problems. IIRC I died in that part only once during my attempts.

Old Post 02-17-13 15:23 #
Springy

Heh, Mock 2 Map 03 Stroller attempt failed. Completely forgot I had to have the keens shot down for the door to open (haven't played this in years). Also, I strafed accidentally in one of the parts of recording. You do get to see me using my wit in this though. Recorded in ZDoom 2.5.0

Attachment: m203-strfail.zip

Old Post 02-21-13 15:54 #
Daiyu_Xiaoxiang
Forum Regular

Epic 2 Map30 Failed!

Being telefragged by a revenant accidently. :(

Attachment: epc2-30-fail.zip

九泉底下十徘徊,奈何橋上恨正長

Old Post 03-06-13 17:20 #