Mancubus
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Doom Speed Demos > Is the GPL Linux Doom demo playback compatible with The Ultimate Doom OR Doom 2 1.9?

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 06:57. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
printz
CRAZY DUMB ZEALOT

Does this version of source code Doom (http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?id=14576) produce demos compatible with whatever UDoom produces, or failing that, Doom 2? I'm especially thinking if P_Random calls are any different in occurence between released source and those Doom versions. As I can see in the unofficial LMP documentation (http://classic-web.archive.org/web/...om/lmp/lmp.html), section 2.2, the "published DOOM source" counts as a different version tag to "(Ultimate) DOOM 1.9 and DOOM ][ 1.9". I'd like to know if the version change is anything but nominal, regarding demos, in the released source.

Last edited by printz on 04-24-11 at 15:28

Old Post 04-24-11 15:22 #
printz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Quasar

The source as released is demo-compatible with Ultimate DOOM v1.9 IIRC. It is missing the Final DOOM teleporter bug but does have bouncing lost souls.

Old Post 04-24-11 15:33 #
Quasar is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Grazza
Let's try Caesium

Correct.

Dosdoom .47 was very closely based on the released source code, and the only demos I know of produced by it that are not compatible with Ultimate Doom are ones with spechits overflows.

Old Post 04-24-11 15:44 #
Grazza is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
printz
CRAZY DUMB ZEALOT

Thanks. This is pretty good to know. I can rely on the exact technicalities described in the source code to predict how the game will play, based on the pseudo-random table and game physics.

Old Post 04-24-11 19:57 #
printz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote