Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
VinceDSS

Final DOOM demos [-complevel 4]

9 seconds would be half of the dsda listed time of 18 seconds! So that goes to show how amazing it is.

For 30pl, on map 15 you should survive even with 1 hp I think, so it's sufficent to survive 14 (hell, even death exit will do). On map 13 there is a mega armor, and of course the mega sphere past the arch viles, which would take several seconds to grab. So the idea that I would have in mind would be to simply have at least 40\100 (blue armor) for 14 and then there is 50 health right by the first window that jumps over to the RJ. A single BFG (40 cells) should do the job with the revenants, perhaps firing at the start of the map might help manipulate them or at least at some point of the map. From there you'll have more then enough health, but you'll need to take a closer look at what can go wrong. Perhaps even a second BFG might be necessary to clear out additonal chaingunners before going for the RJ. If the revenants (by YK door) are a problem you could always set up the angle first. As far as I noticed the position isn't too precise, and there were at least 2 angles that will work, so overall not a very precise\difficult RJ which allows you to do it quickly.

So, many things to figure out, but I am quite sure you can skip the mega sphere on map 13 in the end.

MD922 said:

I'm still working on Nomo 9. I was supposed to be 9, but good ol' doom had me trigger skip the exit, so we'll see. If I do UV-Speed, I'll do it CNDoom so CNDoom-database gets more demos :)

9'63
8 might be doable... I missed the exit so I ran back in. I'm not the one who's getting 8 :)

pl14o009.zip

I thought your time said 1:38.32... I was like WOW! how does he even... then I read your file name and I was like "ohhhh, it's over an hour huh..."

I learn from the best. ;) Your slow and patient telefragging strategy in ev18t4851 helped me see the light here.

Edit: By the way, TNT map 28 tyson should be doable. You can harvest bullets from chaingunners at a linedef that monsters can't pass. My first test resulted in 90 extra bullets, but with more luck it could rise to ~200 bullets. The maze area is very easy. At the yellow key area infights should be focused on dealing damage to revenants. The arch-vile at the megasphere is good at killing reventans. The remaining revenants can be shot with pistol and punched easily by running around the arch-vile's pillar. I estimate that this can be done under an hour.

Great!
What a patience!
Doors abuse, dropped shotgun as a barrier for lost souls,
one minute pause at 16:00, all was excellent =)

Hahah, gonna watch that now!

I've been practicing pt22. Best attempt so far is 81/139 monsters killed in 33 minutes. This is doable with good infights and telefragging.

Top notch play j4rio, your revenant handling is just _amazing_!

And - one more 1.5 hours tyson?!
You produce tysons faster than I watch them =)

GrumpyCat said:

Top notch play j4rio, your revenant handling is just _amazing_!

I agree! Also, he is 68 minutes into the run and starts calmly punching a cacodemon! WTF? I don't think it was even necessary to punch that one. Crazy agility and confidence there!

Aqfaq said:

Now that I have found my super power patience, pl22t was "easy". Took me some planning and maybe 30 attempts. What next?

I did try this one in 2013, even though no-one mentioned this map as potentially Tysonable. I was constantly running out of bullets and gave up, so the statement "I should have used more bullets" seems too self-deprecating. The time is of secondary importance here, too. Well done.

Hi, thanks vdgg! I agree, but damn I nearly got killed at the end by saving bullets. But yeah, it is not a surprise that these maps were not done before. Tyson is an insane category. Interestingly, there are many maps that have been done by Xit Vono a very long time ago that I still could not beat myself, because the maps require too much punching hard monsters. I've gotten better at punching by watching j4rio, but nevertheless my only advantage seems to be patience and pedantic monster analysis.

As I mentioned above, EV28T is very doable. It is about as easy as these recent tysons, but quite short actually. Just setup the arch-vile and the two chaingunners from the yellow key area to harvest bullets at the maze entrance. It might be possible to harvest even more bullets by hiding the shotgunner bodies at the maze, leaving only chaingunner corpses accessible to the arch-vile at some strategic spot. Anyway, this map may still require punching maybe 10 remaining revenants, so I'd be glad to leave this challenge to someone else. I need to do something else for a while. Even my patience has its limits.

Woah. Nice 3 minute improvement on Xit Vono's time. This is clearly the year of Final Doom NM runs.

Thank you, j4rio! Good infights, much better than I thought was possible. With your punching skill you did not even need to harvest bullets. Great use of pink shields, too. I love the smell of 4% health.

vdgg said:

disregarding MAP30 ;)

If I recall correctly the boss brain can be damaged with pistol. However, there will be so many monsters blocking the way that it seems very hard to deliver enough shots to kill the boss. Oops, I forgot all the other monsters in the level... Forget about it.

Getting hard to finish anything else in Final Doom. I haven't looked at PT29, but now that I think about it there might be a method for harvesting a ton of bullets from chaingunners...

On map30 I guess you could wait for an arch-vile to appear and then jump to that deathmatch exit like in pacifist demos. Might work...

edit: just realised that I'm not entirely sure if it will count as Tyson if you don't actually kill the Romero head. Yes, it doesn't count as a monster, but then again in Pacifist you're still not allowed to shoot at it for some reason, so... I don't know.

I think using the pacifist exit for a tyson run would be OK. I doubt the brain counts towards 100% kills , so it would be like leaving a lost soul behind. Still I doubt there is a reliable way to kill the cyberdemon.

Great run. I have NO idea how the hell you survived the start of the final map. Getting across the maze and that Shotgunner missing AND being distracted by infighting was so lucky!

tnt ep3 nm-speed in 21:17
Now this is a good demo ^^ that nm100 isn't too fast but that it looks fun enough it was worth posting.

degree23 said:

I have NO idea how the hell you survived the start of the final map.

So I do!, good that I didn't give up even with my low expectatives about that run.

2117tn21.zip

Tried this for some days as 30tn practice

I'm surprised that you want to bother with that hitscan luckfest. I'd focus on transition from 8 to 9 in a movie, the last room in 8 chips away all health and you're
forced to start map 9 usually with <50 health.

Those are the first maps I checked when I thought about 30tn, if you take the ss in map07 you get a nice chance to get with >180hp to the end room of map08, then you can plasma spam the whole room with invis. You can take both medkits at the end if spiders are lured out previously. Anything >50hp is acceptable for map09 since there are 2 medkits close to the start, also rockets proved to be very useful in this map making it much easier than pistol start.

tnt map09 NM100 5:32
I don't know if this is harder than map02, they are different kinds of difficulty. In this one you can get better attempts more often with practice, map02 is just about luck with the jumps.
So here ends practice :)

es09-532.zip