Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
VinceDSS

Final DOOM demos [-complevel 4]

TNT MAP21 UV-Max in 9:40

Very satisfied. Never thought it would be possible to cut more than 2 minutes off the original Compet-N's record. Could be even more if I had better luck with the Cybie.

ev21-940.zip

1ntru said:

TNT MAP21 UV-Max in 9:40

Very satisfied. Never thought it would be possible to cut more than 2 minutes off the original Compet-N's record. Could be even more if I had better luck with the Cybie.

nice to see this done. It was on "my list" ;P when I read long ago it was one of your "dream demos" to score, I actually wondered why, because never again's time on map21 was one of the least impressive demos among all the levels imho.
great work
and you guys suck, u are too fast :D or well... my fault for being not so active

Urgh, I'm glad I managed this. Tnt tyson movie up to map 5. Couldn't play map 5 anymore so I quit recording. Time is one hour and 15 minutes or so. First 3 maps went quite a bit slowly.

et04-uv-j4.zip

blob1024 said:

nice to see this done. It was on "my list" ;P when I read long ago it was one of your "dream demos" to score, I actually wondered why, because never again's time on map21 was one of the least impressive demos among all the levels imho.
great work
and you guys suck, u are too fast :D or well... my fault for being not so active

Actually, that map is pretty complex and I'm lazy. My dream demos were demos that I wanted to record but I didn't think I would ever do. I'm lazy to learn complex maps, same with Deus Vult MAP02. Doom 2 MAP29 is optimization effort, that I might someday do D:

Also, TNT MAP25 UV-Max in 5:33.

Very aggressive.

ev25-533.zip

Just noticed that 1ntru brought down the last IWAD Max below 10 minute mark. Doing the same thing with PWADs is out of the question I think...

vdgg said:

Just noticed that 1ntru brought down the last IWAD Max below 10 minute mark. Doing the same thing with PWADs is out of the question I think...

I agree, as some of the PWAD levels are just too long to be cleaned in less than 10 minutes without assistance ("Misri Halek" comes to mind). But, strictly speaking, there are only a few such maps (like AV20 or AV27) in the whole Compet-N set. Requiem and MM2 don't have any "longer-than-10-minute" maps :-) In the past I explored RQ27 and RQ29 with savegames, and was convinced that both are pushable down to 9:XX with some serious effort. Same for MM2-19, which is approximately equal in "length" (i.e. time required) to MAP28.

Anyway, great job to Armane and Rizera for bringing TNT levels 20 and 21 below 9 and 10 minutes respectively.

Has anyone tried map05? Xit's record looks amazing to me. It is 10 seconds faster than my best attempt, which I think is very good. Also BK room is driving me nuts and barons don't want to cooperate at all.

TNT: Evilution 2012 UV Max Pack

This is what we've got so far:

And this is still missing:

My view on them:
Easy to beat: 06, 07, 08, 12, and 16.
Medium difficulty: 09, 11, 13, 14.
Hard to beat: 05, 32.
REALLY hard to beat: 01 and 24.

My next take will be MAP08 if no one does it until the weekend.

i'm going crazy from scythe2 map06, so i'll see what i can do about map01. :)

EDIT: stupid lucker rm, grrr... tyson parts of it are so annoying... i'm only at 49s so far.

1ntru said:

in order, will go for 11,32,24 probably but i didnt play at all last days. i've extrimely low time till 11december

wow ... it looks that you will be able to put together whole new modern max demopack. Already great job guys, it´s a pleasure to watch your huge improvements over tnt. Thank you and keep it up!

1ntru said:

TNT: Evilution 2012 UV Max Pack

My view on them:

I shall have a look at some of these, i can try some of these tomorrow evening as I have nothing to do. No guarantees though :S

I can't remember if I've ever recorded a max record for TNT... odd.

cannonball said:

I shall have a look at some of these, i can try some of these tomorrow evening as I have nothing to do. No guarantees though :S

Try MAP12 or MAP16, I think they fit your style :)

Vile said:

I can't remember if I've ever recorded a max record for TNT... odd.

No, you have not. Would be really great if you helped us fill this table now, though!

Just seemed weird since I did a lot for Plutonia at one point. Oh well, I'll help if I find time.