Spider Mastermind
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Doom Speed Demos > Ultimate Doom demos [-complevel 3]
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 13:21. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Guiddqd
Mini-Member

/!\ Don't look at this if your time is worth it /!\

This gotta be the worst blooper ever. I was cracking up even before dying this is just priceless.

Dancing with the demon. (Ultimate Doom demo btw)

Attachment: rofl.zip
This has been downloaded 48 time(s).

Old Post 03-15-09 21:25 #
Guiddqd is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Guiddqd
Mini-Member

Jesus. I just can't handle stressful situations. Just watch and make fun of me. I deserve it.

Ultimate Doom e3nm new record screwed up.

Attachment: e3nmfail.zip
This has been downloaded 30 time(s).

Old Post 03-17-09 18:40 #
Guiddqd is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Guiddqd
Mini-Member

All right I need some advice...what should I have done?

Ultimate Doom e4nm ends in tragedy. And I'm pissed off, 5th time this happens.

Attachment: e4nmfail.zip
This has been downloaded 28 time(s).

Last edited by Guiddqd on 03-21-09 at 22:27

Old Post 03-21-09 19:18 #
Vile
The man made of sticks

Honestly, you're doing fine. I think a lot of us have been taken out by that same Cyberdemon. If you had perhaps tried to finish him off from the slime, that would have been safer. It's not necessary to rush him in order to finish the level. Practice will smooth out the shakiness, although in my case, the nerves never really went away, I just learned to deal with it. If it wasn't the fear of not finishing the run, it was the fear of messing up a good time. Making it less obvious just comes from experience, lol.

You're doing great, though. Finishing that run should be applauded, so keep at it. Then move on to 30nm. :)

Old Post 03-21-09 20:19 #
Vile is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Guiddqd
Mini-Member

Wow, I'm honored that you watched my demo Drew hehe. In fact, it's 'because' of you that I started speedrunning, because of your movies to be precise especially 30nm2956 :-).
So yes, I'm gonna move on to that doom2 challenge pretty soon (at least I hope so heh).

About this run, I admit I hurried a bit too much but I never expected that Cyber to kill me instantly like that. Well, I can't wait to fight him again!

Thanks for the support btw, it sure feels a bit lonely to be a speedrunner these days.

Old Post 03-21-09 21:08 #
Guiddqd
Mini-Member

Allright, here is the best demo I produced so far. Still on the Ultimate Doom, ep3 in UV.

Attachment: ep3-0356.zip
This has been downloaded 30 time(s).

Old Post 05-05-09 16:17 #
General Rainbow Bacon
may have been DoomHero85 at some point

UV-speed of Doom 1 episode 3 "Inferno" in 10:01

I totally fucked up "Gate to Limbo" so later tonight, I am going to do this over.

Attachment: d1e31001.zip
This has been downloaded 18 time(s).

Old Post 06-26-10 22:39 #
General Rainbow Bacon is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Daiyu_Xiaoxiang
Forum Regular

I managed to finish my Ultimate Doom before Christmas. Here is my playthrough from Episode 1 to 4. All these playthrough are UV Max, except for E4M1 and E4M6. E4M1 have failed a lot of times, so I decided to give up and just do an ordinary run. E4M6 is the level I hate most, so I havn't do it.

There's a plus E3M6 UV-Speed(The demo to secret exit). I hope these playthroughs can apply to DSDA.

Because of the limited file size, I only can upload the playthrough one episode by episode.

Attachment: episode 1.zip
This has been downloaded 15 time(s).

Old Post 12-07-10 13:44 #
Daiyu_Xiaoxiang is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Daiyu_Xiaoxiang
Forum Regular

And here's episode 2.

Attachment: episode 2.zip
This has been downloaded 10 time(s).

Old Post 12-07-10 13:46 #
Daiyu_Xiaoxiang is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Daiyu_Xiaoxiang
Forum Regular

Episode 3 is uploaded too.

Attachment: episode 3.zip
This has been downloaded 14 time(s).

Old Post 12-07-10 13:47 #
Daiyu_Xiaoxiang
Forum Regular

And finally episode 4. only E4M1 is not UV Max, E4M6 is not there too.

Attachment: episode 4.zip
This has been downloaded 16 time(s).

Old Post 12-07-10 13:50 #
Qaatar

Daiyu_Xiaoxiang said in Doom E4M2 Intro:
What a good name to this level. Most doomers will hate it with PERFECT HATRED!!

Haha. I enjoyed reading your descriptions, although you know I think your demos require a bit more work. :)

E4M8 is your best demo imo, although your mouse movement...yeeesh. Would it be too much to lower your sensitivity by just a little bit? I couldn't even watch without having to turn "Smooth Demo Playback" on. Anyways, good job!

Old Post 12-07-10 16:35 #
Qaatar is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Philnemba

Doom e2m2 NMspeed in 0:23
Exe: Chocolate Doom v1.3.0

I was bored so I felt like speedrunning one of my favorite maps :P

Also a pacifist run.

Attachment: e2m2nm023.zip
This has been downloaded 13 time(s).

Old Post 12-11-10 20:49 #
Philnemba is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
myk
volveré y seré millones

I managed to watch these; nice job for a preliminary start. With what Qataar had said, I had expected uglier demos, but while the sensitivity is indeed high you used mostly sharp turns and were relatively accurate. Perhaps a high screen resolution with a high DPI mouse is helping, but there wasn't much shakiness that often plagues high mouse sensitivity. You still might benefit from a somewhat lower sensitivity, though, as you don't need it to be too high to make quick turns and a lower sensitivity usually means more accuracy.

You seem to like punching stuff with the berserk. That means we can expect a fair share of Tyson-style demos from you in the future.

Daiyu_Xiaoxiang said:
E4M6 is the level I hate most, so I havn't do it.
Pity, it's an awesome level! Even a failed attempt would have fit in.

About E1M8:
The ending teleporter is the only marble texture in episode 1.
There's some marble elsewhere:

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/2061/marbleo.png

About E2M6:
OK, really don't understand the name. There's no big hall in this map at all, so what does "Halls of the damned" means? Killing the "damn" monsters in a "hall"? No lol.
Heh, there are many hallways. Had there been only one large hall perhaps it would have been called "Hall of the Damned". Hall in singular can mean a room, but "halls" generally means passages or corridors. The damned are the condemned, or the inhabitants of hell.

About E3M7:
So what is Limbo? This is really the Gate to Limbo?
It is a bit strange for a level near the end, if you think about it, because Limbo has an almost neutral non-evil touch. In Dante's Inferno, it's the outer part of hell where all the great people that didn't do something nasty but weren't Christian ended up. When people say "I'm in limbo" they generally mean they're lost or confused.

About E4M9:
This is the only one map in episode 4 which doesn't use the name from the bible,
Well, the fear does appear many times in the Bible, so they probably did intend it as something taken from there, as all the rest.

Good luck with DOOM II, may the medikals be plentiful!

Old Post 12-12-10 00:20 #
myk is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Looper

I actually made new? jump in E4M3 (see demo) today without turbo. I just wonder how high speed one needs for that since the jump worked only once out of 200.

Now I had to use -turbo 130.

Attachment: e4m3trbo.zip
This has been downloaded 43 time(s).

Old Post 01-05-11 11:17 #
Looper is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Grazza
=/-

Paska said:
I actually made new? jump in E4M3 (see demo) today without turbo.
This jump appeared in Doom Done Turbo at the original TAS site, but I don't recall any speculation that it could be done without turbo. Might a thing-wobble help?

Old Post 01-05-11 20:20 #
Grazza is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
General Rainbow Bacon
may have been DoomHero85 at some point

These are two demos I did of E2M1 on NM. The first one (E2M1NM100+) is essentially an NM100 but with all items and monsters killed up to 137%. The other one is an NM survival. I wanted to see how long I could run around the level killing things before I started getting my ass kicked, I got 174% kills. How far can you go before you've had enough?

Attachment: e2m1nm.zip
This has been downloaded 20 time(s).

Old Post 01-28-11 00:36 #
General Rainbow Bacon is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
didierbertrand

e4m1 nm100 in 01:00
my best time so far

Attachment: e4m1s100.zip

Old Post 07-15-11 22:01 #
didierbertrand is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
didierbertrand

e3m6 nm100 in 00:25

Attachment: e3m6s025.zip

Old Post 07-16-11 13:24 #
didierbertrand is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Looper

Grazza said:
This jump appeared in Doom Done Turbo at the original TAS site, but I don't recall any speculation that it could be done without turbo. Might a thing-wobble help?

Yeah it was with thing-wobble already.

Here's E4M6 done -skill 1 pacifist style non-TAS in 19:16.

Attachment: p4m6ityd.zip
This has been downloaded 37 time(s).

Old Post 11-05-11 17:53 #
Looper is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
didierbertrand

cool trick

Old Post 11-05-11 19:19 #
NoobBait

E3M3 UV-Max in 2:16

This map has driven me mad for awhile, not that this demo is particularly strong. Luck has just been very evasive...

Attachment: e3m3-216.zip
This has been downloaded 43 time(s).

Old Post 12-03-11 02:46 #
NoobBait is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Rizera

NoobBait said:
E3M3 UV-Max in 2:16

This map has driven me mad for awhile, not that this demo is particularly strong. Luck has just been very evasive...

Great! Love to see Iwad demos beaten. This looks pretty optimized and indeed, you deserved better luck on it.

Old Post 12-03-11 04:14 #
Rizera is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TimeOfDeath
Forum Regular

e1m1 to e1m9 max/r3ality 14:04

I accidentally used -complevel 2, is that ok?

Attachment: doom-1to9-1404-maxr3ality.zip
This has been downloaded 21 time(s).

Old Post 12-07-11 18:15 #
TimeOfDeath is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
vdgg
MM2 maniac

I think -complevel 2 = -complevel 3 when there are no lost souls or teleporters present.
Edit: see here

Last edited by vdgg on 12-07-11 at 19:43

Old Post 12-07-11 18:27 #
vdgg is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Memfis
Forum Spammer

e4m6 uv-max in 3:01 (not a record, don't upload)
I used route different from Vile's, not sure if it is faster or slower.

Attachment: e4m6-301.zip
This has been downloaded 11 time(s).

Old Post 04-04-12 21:20 #
Memfis is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
SAV88

E1M7 UV Pacifist in 1:38.

Attachment: p1m7-138.zip
This has been downloaded 35 time(s).

Old Post 05-20-12 22:40 #
SAV88 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Squonk

As promised in another thread, here is some 4 players coop max on uDoom :

*e1m1 in 0:15
*e1m2 in 0:53
*e1m3 in 1:14

And finally...

*the whole episode 1 in 9:11

Made by Dark, Guiddqd, JC (JCD) and me.

About the movie, it was f***ing awesome to record. Sadly (it is covered in the txt anyway) it was our first exit and it is a bit crappy. But the routes are ok... It just lacks better execution. Also, we made it two years ago and never had a chance to sit down and record again all together.

Anyway, enjoy ;)

Old Post 06-12-12 21:32 #
Squonk is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
SAV88

E4M8 UV-Fast in 1:59.

Attachment: f4m8-159.zip
This has been downloaded 31 time(s).

Old Post 12-09-12 19:33 #
SAV88 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Plut

E2M2 Pacifist in 0:16

Attachment: p2m2-016.zip
This has been downloaded 22 time(s).

Old Post 02-12-13 15:29 #
Plut is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote