Doom Comic
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Doom Speed Demos > DOOM II demos [-complevel 2]
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 22:48. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Squonk

[MOD EDIT: Post DOOM II: Hell on Earth demos (vanilla or -complevel 2 recommended) here unless they are vanilla demos for Compet~n.]

These days (well... for some months, actually), I try to record a lv29-max under 4:00 (it's my favorite map, in case you haven't noticed :). For some weeks I'm stuck at 4:09. This is my best try (not the fastest, though). Maybe someone has an idea on something to improve...
On my latests attempts, I managed to bring over 200 cells for the two last barons, which allows me to kill them with plasma only and still keeping enough for the ending. I also no longer take the green armor at the beginning, that saves a second or two. But since then (two weeks ago), I haven't finished this map.

Old Post 09-28-08 18:58 #
Squonk is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Guiddqd
Mini-Member

I'm a bit ashamed to post this crap here but I got an idea about nm24 (yeah still stuck on IWADs). Here is the demo:

http://users.skynet.be/fc175981/lv24-nm-107-Gd.zip

My running really sucks, I even make an infamous mistake oO. So a lot of time can be saved.

Well at least I have proven a lot of people wrong about skipping the BFG :p

Old Post 12-05-08 23:55 #
Guiddqd is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
myk
volveré y seré millones

Guiddqd said:
I'm a bit ashamed to post this crap here but I got an idea about nm24 (yeah still stuck on IWADs). Here is the demo:

http://users.skynet.be/fc175981/lv24-nm-107-Gd.zip

My running really sucks, I even make an infamous mistake oO. So a lot of time can be saved.

Well at least I have proven a lot of people wrong about skipping the BFG :p
You die in this run when I play it back. The demons guarding the red key trap you and kill you. There is evidently a desynch, because you continue afterward. It works the same way to me in Doom2 and in PrBoom+. I also set PrBoom+ to detect overflows in case they had anything to do with it, and it found none.

EDIT: Ah, it's recorded with the executable for The Ultimate DOOM. I noticed after playing it back with Doom95 (where it played back properly all the way). I had actually seen that is says so on the text file but had thought that was just an error.

Old Post 12-14-08 10:14 #
myk is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Guiddqd
Mini-Member

myk said:
You die in this run when I play it back. The demons guarding the red key trap you and kill you. There is evidently a desynch, because you continue afterward. It works the same way to me in Doom2 and in PrBoom+. I also set PrBoom+ to detect overflows in case they had anything to do with it, and it found none.

EDIT: Ah, it's recorded with the executable for The Ultimate DOOM. I noticed after playing it back with Doom95 (where it played back properly all the way). I had actually seen that is says so on the text file but had thought that was just an error.

Yeah it seems i'm not using the right executable huh. I'm gonna get the right one and do a better run ;-)

Old Post 12-14-08 20:10 #
Guiddqd is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Guiddqd
Mini-Member

A little update of my previous demo of The Chasm.

In this one, I die painfully surrounded by flying f***ers but I think I'm getting close from the time of Xit. If anyone has an idea to improve my route don't hesitate ;-)

http://users.skynet.be/fc175981/C-N/nm24-try.LMP

Old Post 12-27-08 13:38 #
skogsto09
Green Marine

Did a little digging in a old doom2 dir back from 2001, and found a previously unreleased 30nm3750 run.

Apperantly it was a "best time" run but was never uploaded in await
of better tries. A little fun to whatch as things don't seem to go according to plan @ all :-) It features pretty safe routes all the way also. Figured if someone might also want to grab this for historical reasons.

Oh well, need 2 check out plutonia2 now it seems :)

later!

Attachment: 30nm3750.zip
This has been downloaded 39 time(s).

Old Post 01-01-09 08:59 #
skogsto09 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
xepop

Doom2 map02 -nomonsters in 0:20 (edit: doom2.exe v1.9)
Heh, first try first exit :P. I was playing map07 (trying that pacifist style rj >:( ) and map02 and wondered if I could do glide fast enough w/o monsters and got lucky immediately. With monsters it would be so awesome (or just lucky...)

Attachment: lv02n020.zip
This has been downloaded 20 time(s).

Last edited by xepop on 12-31-09 at 02:33

Old Post 12-31-09 02:20 #
xepop is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
dew
experts

doom2 map10 pacifist in 0:27
recorded in prboom+, i'm not really interested in the c-n biz. and i do believe oce already recorded 26 and doesn't want to share with us. so why bother with the dosbox agony. :)

Attachment: pa10-027.zip
This has been downloaded 20 time(s).

Old Post 01-09-10 17:56 #
dew is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
xepop

Doom2, Map01, Stroller in 0:10
I watched some lmps of strlpack and saw some negative attidude which saddened me :( So I thought to record and say how insane this category is :)
Also, as this didn't take too long, I'm taking suggestions for some undone map if you old hands are interested in these anymore.

Attachment: st01-010.zip
This has been downloaded 25 time(s).

Old Post 03-15-10 21:52 #
xepop is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
vdgg
MM2 maniac

xepop said:
saw some negative attidude which saddened me

Please explain.

You could definitely improve my 2002ADO E1M1 which was done without proper compatibility setting. Other than that, well, MM2 MAP02 or early ScytheX maps maybe...

Old Post 03-15-10 22:13 #
vdgg is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
xepop

Please explain.

Meh. Just referring to txt. "I seriously doubt anyone will ever bother doing it, though"
I find it a bit negative. Maybe I should've said ONE negative and not some? But it didn't really ruin my life (meaning I wasn't COMPLETELY serious) :P

Old Post 03-15-10 22:26 #
Super Jamie
Forum Staple

xepop said:
Doom2, Map01, Stroller in 0:10

Hahaha, I have never heard of this category before but I like it! What are the rules? A Stroller UV Max could be boring on a big level, though the idea of a Pacifist/Tyson speedrun sounds interesting just to see the ways players avoid enemy attacks, especially Revenant rockets.

Old Post 03-15-10 23:06 #
Super Jamie is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

Super Jamie said:

Hahaha, I have never heard of this category before but I like it! What are the rules?

1. No running.
  2. No strafing.
  3. Pacifist.
That's all there really is to it. And it's way harder than it sounds. :)

Get Community Chest 4 here!

Old Post 03-15-10 23:12 #
The Green Herring is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Super Jamie
Forum Staple

Whoa, straight outta 94. It already sounds pretty hard!

Are there any more of these? I couldn't find "strlpack" and there was no mention of Strolling on Doomed SDA.

Old Post 03-15-10 23:18 #
Super Jamie is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
xepop

A Stroller UV Max could be boring on a big level, though the idea of a Pacifist/Tyson speedrun sounds interesting just to see the ways players avoid enemy attacks, especially Revenant rockets.

Max or Tyson=Angry stroller? :P
Or I just post the link... (here was some messing around) http://doomedsda.us/lmps/collections/strlpack.zip

Last edited by xepop on 03-15-10 at 23:26

Old Post 03-15-10 23:20 #
dew
experts

map12 stroller would be the best ever. the yellow key makes it very unprobable, though.

Old Post 03-15-10 23:25 #
dew is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Grazza
=/-

HR map26 stroller would be nice to see.

And the original Stroller thread provides some ideas too. AFAIK, no one ever did E1M8, for instance.

Also some levels could be done using the newer style of glide tricks - at the time of the Stroller pack, the flat-face glide technique was only just being developed.

Old Post 03-16-10 01:23 #
Grazza is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
xepop

Didn't mean to spam these one at time, but I'll be somewhat busy and it probably won't hurt anyone so:
Doom2, map16, Stroller in 0:23

Obvious yes, but I need to start from easy ones and it features my best glides ever :P

Attachment: st16-023.zip
This has been downloaded 28 time(s).

Old Post 03-16-10 23:51 #
Super Jamie
Forum Staple

These demos are awesome :)

How are you sposed to do E1M8 as pacifist? You need to kill the Barons to lower the star.

Old Post 03-17-10 00:24 #
Phml
Forum Staple

I believe there's a bug/trick with barrels that get them to kill themselves ; or maybe it's just infighting with spectres, I've got no clue.

Old Post 03-17-10 00:37 #
Phml is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Super Jamie
Forum Staple

Early Dooms let you trick the Barons into barrel suicide, however that's been patched out. They still will fight each other with scratches due to barrel damage.

However, Pacifist rules state no intentional direct or indirect damaging of monsters. You aren't allowed to maneuver yourself as to intentionally initiate infighting or barrel disputes.

Old Post 03-17-10 00:45 #
TimeOfDeath
Forum Regular

Isn't infighting allowed in pacifist? You just can't hurt the monsters yourself?

Old Post 03-17-10 00:55 #
TimeOfDeath is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Super Jamie
Forum Staple

Upon further investigation, that's right. My mistake.

Old Post 03-17-10 01:08 #
hokis

xepop said:
Two seconds off with this maneuvre Hegyi mentioned in nm21-028.
Doom2 map21 NMspeed in 0:25

This is not c-n entry i think couse im using prboom+ 2.5.0.5. (I dont know if someone enable other ports than classic doom2.exe).
So i cant impoverish you for this piece of shit.
Sry if im posting to wrong thread, any sry for the czech written txt (im recording for http://czech-n.idoom.cz). But enjoy it i hope you would like it.

Attachment: nm21-021.94.zip
This has been downloaded 23 time(s).

Last edited by hokis on 04-14-10 at 18:07

Old Post 04-14-10 18:01 #
hokis is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
xepop

hokis said:

This is not c-n entry i think couse im using prboom+ 2.5.0.5. (I dont know if someone enable other ports than classic doom2.exe).
So i cant impoverish you for this piece of shit.
Sry if im posting to wrong thread, any sry for the czech written txt (im recording for http://czech-n.idoom.cz). But enjoy it i hope you would like it.

I was lazy back then and didn't try that myself :p didn´t really believe it would be possible but it makes some sense now. Hey, is czech-n for czechs only? Would like to have some competition especially you guys are really the only active ones :((

Old Post 04-16-10 22:16 #
dew
experts

czech-n is czech only (omg racism), BUT... i'm supposed to make a separate thread with our c-n challenges recorded on modern ports, so when i stop being lazy, you can race and beat us in there. :)

Old Post 04-16-10 22:24 #
hokis

xepop said:

I was lazy back then and didn't try that myself :p didn´t really believe it would be possible but it makes some sense now. Hey, is czech-n for czechs only? Would like to have some competition especially you guys are really the only active ones :((

Czech-N spring up in 2003 as same competition like cn only for czechs anyway but now in cn you must make demo with doom2.exe and this is exactly old-fashioned and uncomfotable. We made up new czech-n for czech were is enabled other ports, so were many times consult if the czech-n permit for foreign players. I'm the head admin of czn, but players must decide if foreigners can enter or not. It's fine by me. Perhaps we could make an exception for you, but the players must decide taht.

Last edited by hokis on 04-17-10 at 08:38

Old Post 04-17-10 00:42 #
hokis is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
j4rio
Forum Staple

Doom2 dead simple tyson in 13:23

Nowhere near Xit's quality, though I don't know the compet-n time after all anyway.

Attachment: doom2map7tyson.zip
This has been downloaded 9 time(s).

Old Post 01-01-11 02:21 #
j4rio is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
vdgg
MM2 maniac

It's 7:12. This may be useful for you.

Old Post 01-01-11 02:32 #
vdgg is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
dew
experts

example demo for the plasma bump thread. 6:30 of bumping plasma on doom2 map01 and suiciding.
don't bother downloading if you're not interested in that specific topic.
recorded with prboom+ 2.5.0.8, complevel 2 with -solo-net and -deathmatch parameters

Attachment: plasbump.zip
This has been downloaded 22 time(s).

Old Post 03-10-11 19:45 #