Demon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Doom Speed Demos > Any recording of a tie in the Cyberdemon & Baron room of Tricks & Traps?

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 00:55. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Platinum Shell
Forum Regular

Just wondering, I thought I saw a video once of it happening.

If anyone has a video or even a demo it would be greatly appreciated.

Old Post 01-16-12 21:51 #
Platinum Shell is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Relic

Do you mean like, where they end up killing them selfs?

Old Post 01-20-12 09:22 #
Relic is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Vordakk
Banned

Funny you mention that room, because I'm currently mapping a level which is sort of an ode to Tricks and Traps, and I'm stuck on what to do for that room. I wanna do something vaguely similar, yet not copy the original idea. Plus, the original room is kinda boring aside from the idea of Barons vs. one Cyber, which was novel back then.

On topic, I'm sure that a tie technically could happen, but the odds are pretty bad. :|

Old Post 01-20-12 10:03 #
Vordakk is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Maes
I like big butts!

I've seen it happening, although it might be tricky to induce. Entering the room without starting shooting right away, grabbing the invuln sphere and shepherding a bit does help. If enough barons come close enough for melee, then cybie gets perma-scratched and pwnzred.

Old Post 01-20-12 10:25 #
Maes is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
qoncept

Wow, I've browsed this thread a few times and every read it as MAP20, Spiderdemon vs Cyberdemon. Any ties there? Probably more likely.

Old Post 01-20-12 15:33 #
qoncept is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Grazza
=/-

Could be; the first place to look would be a Tyson demo, especially a TAS one, where the player could well have orchestrated this.

The best example of such ties I can think of are in a TAS -fast Tyson on Map20 (see how the archie dies*) and in Vile's famous lv11-205.lmp, where an infight between an arachnotron and some cacos ends with them all dying simultaneously. You'll need to use a walkcam to see what happens. Vile, fast to react as ever, realizes this, and so avoids having to revisit that area and sets a Max record that hasn't been bettered even in TAS demos.

* Of course infights involving archies are easier to control, as they are one-way affairs.

And moved to demos.

Old Post 01-20-12 18:04 #
Grazza is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
blob1024
Forum Regular

yea hell of a max! I had watched the run some weeks ago only and I hadn't notice what happened: awesome!

Old Post 01-20-12 22:32 #
blob1024 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
odysseyofnoises

is it physically possible to have two hitscan monsters kill each other? like two chaingunners kill each other at the same time.

Old Post 01-22-12 06:15 #
odysseyofnoises is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
blob1024
Forum Regular

odysseyofnoises said:
is it physically possible to have two hitscan monsters kill each other? like two chaingunners kill each other at the same time.

something similar happened to me here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cr2w...3FCF52AA07950A3

Old Post 01-22-12 10:06 #
blob1024 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Vordakk
Banned

Well I managed to finish the room in my latest map that's an homage to the Barons-on-Cyber room from Tricks and Traps. Of course, I then proceeded to start playtesting it for any glaring bugs. On the third playtest run, the last Baron killed the Cyberdemon just as his final rocket discharged and blew up the Baron, which is the "tie" you're speaking of.

1. No, I wasn't recording a demo, sorry.
2. The original room from Map08 has 17 Barons vs. one Cyberdemon, my room only has 16 Barons.

Regardless, it was cool to watch.

Old Post 01-22-12 20:31 #
Vordakk is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote