Severed bunny head
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Doom Speed Demos > Plutonia Revisited TAS Movie [COMPLETED!]
Pages (11): « First ... « 8 9 10 [11]  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 17:19. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
odysseyofnoises

Sorry that I havn't gotten to map30 yet, so much damn work at school... Just to confirm, is the route on DSDA the correct one? (that demo doesn't play back for me for some reason...) I will get to this as soon as time permits

Old Post 08-27-12 02:48 #
odysseyofnoises is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Urban Space Cowboy

odysseyofnoises said:
Sorry that I havn't gotten to map30 yet, so much damn work at school... Just to confirm, is the route on DSDA the correct one? (that demo doesn't play back for me for some reason...) I will get to this as soon as time permits
Which one? If you mean Phml's 1:38 that "Plays back with prcp_old.wad", use prcp_old.wad. :) It doesn't do anything unusual compared to DidierTranber's 1:41, though, it's just a few seconds faster.

Old Post 08-30-12 02:12 #
Urban Space Cowboy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
odysseyofnoises

oh, yeah... how did I not notice that lol. I should be able to record map30 this weekend since monday is off because of labor day.

Old Post 08-30-12 06:54 #
odysseyofnoises is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
odysseyofnoises

PRCP is finished! the map30 time is 1:30 and final time is 15:43.

I'll add a text file and submit it to DSDA

Attachment: pvdq1543.zip
This has been downloaded 15 time(s).

Last edited by odysseyofnoises on 09-01-12 at 20:29

Old Post 09-01-12 19:50 #
dew
experts

there's a shortcut, t.v. added it for making speedruns look fast. it's just the matter of finding it, so inspect the first area carefully. :)

Old Post 09-01-12 20:06 #
dew is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
odysseyofnoises

wait, what? I don't see anything in the first room, or anywhere else for that matter, except for that switch jump trick I did in the last room.

Old Post 09-01-12 20:28 #
dew
experts

the first teleporter has a little secret

Old Post 09-01-12 20:46 #
dew is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
odysseyofnoises

yeah I can see that from the back of that teleporter one of the textures is different...

Old Post 09-01-12 20:53 #
Cacatou

If you cross that linedef then the next teleporter lowers very quickly.

Old Post 09-01-12 22:09 #
Cacatou is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
odysseyofnoises

Here's the final demo! map30 time is now 34 seconds and the final time is 14:47

For the version with the text file download it from DSDA

Attachment: pvdq1447.zip
This has been downloaded 46 time(s).

Last edited by odysseyofnoises on 09-03-12 at 23:05

Old Post 09-02-12 07:55 #
ClumsyDoomer

Plutonia: Revisited Community Project
Done Quickest

Don't hurry, anyone can beat it in some days. :)

Old Post 09-05-12 10:31 #
ClumsyDoomer is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Xaser
Forum Staple

Hi there. Just popping in quickly to say that I enjoyed this immensely. Dew pointed out a few goofy potential speedrunning tricks, and it's great seeing them in action (and then some!). I seriously laughed out loud at the AV jump to the spire teleporter in MAP15. I'd like to see someone nutty enough to try and pull that off in a non-TAS. :P

Old Post 09-05-12 19:52 #
Xaser is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
jongo

I've been away for a while, finally back. Congrats with finishing the run odyssey.
I have Hock's unfinished built run laying on my HDD right now. 28 maps are done, only 29 and 30 are left, but too bad he's banned now. I also lost contacts with him online, so not sure if he's going to ever finish it, or if i should go ahead and do it myself (i made few dre-contributions to the run apart from route planning we extensively did with him in pm's).
Total time after map28 is 10:03, that's whole 2 minutes and 7 seconds faster than odyssey's non-built TAS, so it's a pity if such a run will be lost.

Maybe i should just upload the unfinished version here?

Old Post 10-11-12 09:21 #
jongo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
dew
experts

jongo said:
but too bad he's banned now.

wow, that is weird. there's no mention of it even in the admin section, anyone knows what happened?

Old Post 10-11-12 17:50 #
jongo

iirc he used -turbo 103 for all of his "non-TAS" demos and it wasn't the first time similar thing happened. He still claims it's a bug in his prboom though.
Also, he contacted me after my post and apparently he's going to try to finish the movie soon. Which is a good news since, well, while his non-tas achievements are fishy, this work is of a very high quality and it would suck to throw it away.

Old Post 10-11-12 18:31 #
jongo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Grazza
=/-

dew said:
anyone knows what happened?
link

Old Post 10-11-12 18:36 #
Grazza is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
dew
experts

haha, some people never learn. iirc he was also banned from zdaemon repeatedly for cheating and player harrassment back in the day.

Old Post 10-11-12 18:54 #
Looper

jongo said:
iirc he used -turbo 103 for all of his "non-TAS" demos and it wasn't the first time similar thing happened. He still claims it's a bug in his prboom though.

I remember hock using some strange launcher which looked really shitty :-D I blame that, not prboom

Old Post 10-11-12 19:37 #
Looper is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
odysseyofnoises

jongo said:
I also lost contacts with him online, so not sure if he's going to ever finish it, or if i should go ahead and do it myself

I can help you reach him, I still have contact with him on facebook and he can go on zdaemon.

Old Post 10-12-12 00:28 #