Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
odysseyofnoises

Plutonia Done 100% Quickest (uv-max edition)

odysseyofnoises said:

Here's map11 in 2:14 with PURE 100% KILLS

Holy shit. That map must be a pain in the ass to max in general but that ending is nuts. How did you take so little damage from two av hits?

kunkun said:

Holy shit. That map must be a pain in the ass to max in general but that ending is nuts. How did you take so little damage from two av hits?

Surprisingly that ending was very easy to do in TAS. That or I got really lucky. I was attacked so little that I actually forced 2 attacks from the viles to exit faster. I don't know why vile's attacks did so little damage.

If you have 80hp and 80(blue)armor, you have effective hp of 160. So the damage taken was normal.

You'll have to see this one to believe it: map12 in 2:13. Most craziest route I've ever came up with. I'm in awe of how perfect this map is that every area connects to one another like this.

The old time was 3:35 for a whopping 1:22 seconds saved on just this map.

That's all my recording for this weekend. I'll either post a new map next week or when episode 2 is finished. Just figured I'd release maps 11 and 12 early since they are pretty major updates.

map1-12.zip

Stay tuned for episode 2. Currently on map31 and will probably finish that tomorrow. Here is a sneak peak at the times:

map13: 1:40
map14: 1:20 (even with a new route I only could save 6 seconds, lol)
map15: 1:45

map31 will probably be about 2:20 or lower.

EDIT: awesome! I got 1:56 on map31. I wouldn't have thought anything near that is even remotely possible.

I won't be on map26 for a while but I'm curious; is it at all possible to get the secret near the teleporter on that map? I've tried skipping the linedef and it didn't tag. I looked in doom builder and the sector around the teleport is the secret (it is a very common misconception that the teleport itself is the secret). So is there any way to ever stand in it??

odysseyofnoises said:

I won't be on map26 for a while but I'm curious; is it at all possible to get the secret near the teleporter on that map? I've tried skipping the linedef and it didn't tag. I looked in doom builder and the sector around the teleport is the secret (it is a very common misconception that the teleport itself is the secret). So is there any way to ever stand in it??

I remember I tried many many times to get this secret in the past, but I couldn't. It seems possible, but I don't know how. It works the same way it does for Doom 2 MAP15, I believe...

Rizera said:

I remember I tried many many times to get this secret in the past, but I couldn't. It seems possible, but I don't know how. It works the same way it does for Doom 2 MAP15, I believe...

Yeah, you posted that right as I edited it :P It is actually totally unlike lv15 unfortunately. I suspect it isn't possible to stand in a sector that is less than 32 units wide.

Alrightee, its been a while. Episode two is finally finished. Here are all the times:

map11: 2:14
map12: 2:13
map13: 1:40
map14: 1:20
map15: 1:45
map31: 1:56
map32: 2:27
map16: 0:59
map17: 0:48
map18: 1:08
map19: 1:14
map20: 1:40