Weird impy thing
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Doom Speed Demos > Batman DOOM UV-Max?

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 09:46. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Memfis
Forum Spammer

Is there a patch for Batman DOOM that makes all monsters count as kills? (the authors made all monsters not count as kills to prevent respawning on 5th skill) That would be useful for recording UV-Maxes.

Old Post 06-10-12 14:54 #
Memfis is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Grazza
Let's try Caesium

It would be easy enough to create one (add 4194304 to the "Bits" for each monster that you want to count), but no, I don't know of a ready-made one. And yes, it was a bad decision by the authors to do this.

It would be great to see some Batman demos. A few years ago I did some testing to check if Prboom-plus's improvements in dehacked support made it fully support Batman, and it seemed OK. I only tested the first dozen maps or so (with no desyncs).

Old Post 06-10-12 20:32 #
Grazza is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Memfis
Forum Spammer

If it's really that easy, I guess I could do it though I'm a little confused by batman.deh (some monsters are replaced with decorations and vice versa). Also should the birds count as kills? They feel kinda like lost souls to me.

Last edited by Memfis on 06-11-12 at 00:34

Old Post 06-10-12 22:48 #
Memfis is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
vdgg
MM2 maniac

LOL I'd just be happy to watch any demo, with the birds killed or not. I think you're right though, it's like birds in Osiris which indeed replace lost souls.

Old Post 06-11-12 00:23 #
vdgg is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote