Sarge
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Doom Speed Demos > What is the best way to build flat faced glides in xdre?

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 00:43. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
odysseyofnoises

Having some trouble doing flat-faced glides with monsters near them because I can't do them fast enough. How would I go about building them?

Old Post 08-01-12 02:27 #
odysseyofnoises is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Looper

Check the correct coordinate, which you need for x or y to be. For example, y-coordinate is 128.000000 when the doomguy is gliding, so try to run to the wall so that you have something like 128.010000 when you hit the wall, and the next tick try to get it something like 128.001000 using MF1-50 (or MB1-50) adding little SR1-50 or trying little different angles. When you are close to the 128.000000, brute force one tic. That's the way I do them, but sometimes the bruteforce just doesn't find anything because there is no such tic that allows you to glide with MF50-1 SR50-1. So, luck is needed if you want to do them (really) fast.

Old Post 08-01-12 02:38 #
Looper is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
odysseyofnoises

How should i brute force it if i want the player x to be 1232 for example?

Old Post 08-01-12 03:17 #
odysseyofnoises is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Looper

You need y-coordinate because you can only get certain values for y-coordinate, when the glide is successful.

Edit: Removed word "too" because you don't need x-coordinate for the bruteforce.

Last edited by Looper on 08-01-12 at 13:42

Old Post 08-01-12 12:41 #
Looper is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
odysseyofnoises

Yeah... im just not getting this (im really not a very smart person) Whatever, still thanks for the help!

below ive attached a zip file with 2 demos of glides i tried unsuccesfully to do. if anybody wants to do them for me to complete my runs, that would be appreciated :P

sc18 is scythe map18 and s224 is scythe2 map24

Attachment: phail!.zip
This has been downloaded 7 time(s).

Old Post 08-06-12 07:03 #