Weird impy thing
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Everything Else > YouTube ban in Pakistan, China, etc. [split from CChest demos]
 
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 13:33. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Zahid
Junior Member


Posts: 113
Registered: 05-12



1ntru said:
There are three versions of Cchest4, and that demo of mine plays back with the one dated from 09/09/2012.

I have tried to redo my demo on the newest version, but best I got so far was 12:01 :( I might try and beat my 11:51 demo sometime else, but for now I'll just play something else.

If you want, here is the video for my demo:

Hmmm...
or i think it would be better to post the link for that specific version....
Actually along many other sites,youtube got strictly banned in my country so no videos for me:-(

Mod edit: 1ntru's reply "Really? Banned on the whole country? Damn! What government would do that? D:" is still on the demos forum, as it has a demo attached.

Last edited by vdgg on 10-14-12 at 08:29

Old Post 10-12-12 21:00 #
Zahid is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Daiyu_Xiaoxiang
Forum Regular


Posts: 894
Registered: 11-10


I don't know about Pakistan, but I know that youtube is being banned in China.

Old Post 10-13-12 14:05 #
Daiyu_Xiaoxiang is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
blob1024
Forum Regular


Posts: 712
Registered: 05-10


well its not in Italy, but a few videos were closed for me as well
maybe just copyright craps tho

Old Post 10-13-12 15:13 #
blob1024 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Nevan
Member


Posts: 344
Registered: 07-10


Might as well just urge viewers to come on Doomworld and download the demos here. Nothing better than watching demos without any buffers!

Old Post 10-13-12 15:22 #
Nevan is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Zahid
Junior Member


Posts: 113
Registered: 05-12


1ntru even that is smooth and awesome too:-)
Why ban in china daiyu?....here in pakistan it got banned due to some
movie,innocence of muslims....so im missing all the great channels of you guys:-(.....

Old Post 10-13-12 20:53 #
Zahid is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
j4rio
Forum Staple


Posts: 2652
Registered: 07-10


ridiculous

Old Post 10-13-12 21:10 #
j4rio is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Daiyu_Xiaoxiang
Forum Regular


Posts: 894
Registered: 11-10



Zahid said:
1ntru even that is smooth and awesome too:-)
Why ban in china daiyu?....here in pakistan it got banned due to some
movie,innocence of muslims....so im missing all the great channels of you guys:-(.....



Because of the fucking communist rule, they state that youtube is one of the tool used for the overthrown of government, as well as doing anti-chinese activites. Oh well, WTF they scared of this? Just because they are bandits!!!

Well blob1024, why u paused near the end?
Anyway nice run of Map14 Nevan, I really like the music and design a lot, however so much secrets!!!

Last edited by Daiyu_Xiaoxiang on 10-14-12 at 05:54

Old Post 10-14-12 05:17 #
Daiyu_Xiaoxiang is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
vdgg
MM2 maniac


Posts: 1595
Registered: 08-07


Such discussions do not belong to the Demos Forum. Moved.

Old Post 10-14-12 08:30 #
vdgg is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Sodaholic
I feel justified yet disgusted with myself at the same time


Posts: 2931
Registered: 04-07



Daiyu_Xiaoxiang said:
they state that youtube is one of the tool used for the overthrown of government, as well as doing anti-chinese activites

What? That's stupid as hell.

Old Post 10-14-12 08:59 #
Sodaholic is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
StevieCybernetik
Member


Posts: 352
Registered: 10-09



Daiyu_Xiaoxiang said:


Because of the fucking communist rule, they state that youtube is one of the tool used for the overthrown of government, as well as doing anti-chinese activites.




I guess I might be considered anti-america for doing rant videos then.

Old Post 10-14-12 09:32 #
StevieCybernetik is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
GreyGhost
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!


Posts: 8827
Registered: 01-08



Sodaholic said:

What? That's stupid as hell.

That's plain old-fashioned censorship, if you can control what people see and hear you're part way towards controlling how they think.

Old Post 10-14-12 10:12 #
GreyGhost is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Gez
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!


Posts: 11374
Registered: 07-07


The Arab Spring was pushed along by Youtube, Twitter, and Facebook; people using social network to communicate and organize. Before the Internet, you had to print and distribute tracts. Now it's a lot more efficient. The Chinese government don't want people to think a popular uprising could work.

I doubt the Arab Spring got a lot of media coverage in China. But hey, instead, they get to talk a lot about this ridiculous island ownership issue with Japan. It's a good distraction.

Old Post 10-14-12 10:57 #
Gez is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
printz
CRAZY DUMB ZEALOT


Posts: 8890
Registered: 06-06



Gez said:
The Arab Spring
"Spring" as in season or mechanical device strongly pressed and ready to catapult some shit?

__________________
Automatic Wolfenstein - Version 1.0 - also on Android

Old Post 10-14-12 11:03 #
printz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Doom Juan
Loser


Posts: 127
Registered: 08-12



Gez said:
The Arab Spring was pushed along by Youtube, Twitter, and Facebook; people using social network to communicate and organize. Before the Internet, you had to print and distribute tracts. Now it's a lot more efficient. The Chinese government don't want people to think a popular uprising could work.

I doubt the Arab Spring got a lot of media coverage in China. But hey, instead, they get to talk a lot about this ridiculous island ownership issue with Japan. It's a good distraction.



People would have taken a very sinister view of the Arab Spring had it been Chinese or Russian based interenet technology behind it.

The whole thing seems fishy to me.

Old Post 10-14-12 13:54 #
Doom Juan is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
dew
experts


Posts: 3711
Registered: 05-08



printz said:
"Spring" as in season or mechanical device strongly pressed and ready to catapult some shit?

i assume the term is derived from Prague Spring, although there may be even earlier preceding events with a similar name.


printz said:
People would have taken a very sinister view of the Arab Spring had it been Chinese or Russian based interenet technology behind it.

perhaps, however that's extremely unlikely and your remark is merely a political provocation disconnected to the real world. russia doesn't seem to be forcing localized clones of popular web services on its own population, so propagating them to arab countries is even less feasible. and while china definitely does so and censors them as needed, it's rather improbable foreign countries would pick up chinese youtube or twitter or whatever. english language is becomng the true esperanto, so the majority of text being written in chinese hurts that idea. plus the "advantage" of centralized censorship falls flat when you realize pakistan (or whatever other country striving for religious censorship) would have to beg the central office in atheistic china.

Old Post 10-14-12 14:53 #
dew is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Nomad
Not dumb enough to get a custom title


Posts: 2739
Registered: 04-04


What's going on in this thread, guys? Not much here, just enjoying my right to free speech.

Old Post 10-14-12 16:18 #
Nomad is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Doom Juan
Loser


Posts: 127
Registered: 08-12



dew said:


perhaps, however that's extremely unlikely and your remark is merely a political provocation disconnected to the real world. russia doesn't seem to be forcing localized clones of popular web services on its own population, so propagating them to arab countries is even less feasible. and while china definitely does so and censors them as needed, it's rather improbable foreign countries would pick up chinese youtube or twitter or whatever. english language is becomng the true esperanto, so the majority of text being written in chinese hurts that idea. plus the "advantage" of centralized censorship falls flat when you realize pakistan (or whatever other country striving for religious censorship) would have to beg the central office in atheistic china.



I don't think you're quite getting the point.

I personally find it suspicious that American based technologies such as facebook/youtube/twitter etc were extensively used in the so-called Arab Spring. Is it so far fetched to imagine a modern propaganda war being waged, such as hired provocateurs inciting the populace of Arabic countries for US Geopolitical interests?

It's not that far fetched, in fact it makes perfect sense when weighed against the past decade of US foreign policy in the Middle East. Countries that share different and independent political/economic systems do not simply 'fall' one after another like that, unless there's some hidden hand behind it. And it's interesting how when the country in question doesn't serve US foreign policy (Such as Bahrain, which holds US Military bases) not only is nothing reported but is actively swept under the carpet.

Facebook also makes no secret of the fact that it can browse through your personal messages if the state asks them to: why should China actually want something like Facebook or Google in their country, if both will willingly hand over any information at the behest of the US Government? That's a question of national security if anything.

Old Post 10-14-12 16:25 #
Doom Juan is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
dew
experts


Posts: 3711
Registered: 05-08


oh... indeed, i had no idea you went directly for a conspiration theory involving western governments and all of the important web services. no one's denying the massive bias of western media, but overthrowing governments via instigated unrest on social networks seems rather overly dramatic.

Old Post 10-14-12 17:47 #
dew is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Doom Juan
Loser


Posts: 127
Registered: 08-12



dew said:
...but overthrowing governments via instigated unrest on social networks seems rather overly dramatic.


Not in the slightest, in fact it's very cost effective. Wael Ghonim is an Egyptian activist who played a key role in the popular uprising that toppled Hosni Mubara - he also happens to be an Executive for Google.

Old Post 10-14-12 18:03 #
Doom Juan is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
dew
experts


Posts: 3711
Registered: 05-08


there would be no egyptian uprising without the original protests in tunisia. opportunists added fuel under the copycat fires of uprising in neighbouring countries? not surprising in the slightest, but show me one shred of evidence the tunisian revolution was staged by western... uh. media? secret agencies? google?

Old Post 10-14-12 18:08 #
dew is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Doom Juan
Loser


Posts: 127
Registered: 08-12



dew said:
there would be no egyptian uprising without the original protests in tunisia. opportunists added fuel under the copycat fires of uprising in neighbouring countries? not surprising in the slightest, but show me one shred of evidence the tunisian revolution was staged by western... uh. media? secret agencies? google?


http://theweek.com/article/index/21...unisia-uprising

And that was the idea being paraded around in the western media when the Tunisian uprising began - and I instantly knew that something was afoot if a US-based company was had anything to do with an uprising in the Middle East/Arab World.

The logic speaks for itself.

Old Post 10-14-12 18:23 #
Doom Juan is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
All times are GMT. The time now is 13:33. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
 
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Everything Else > YouTube ban in Pakistan, China, etc. [split from CChest demos]

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

 

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is OFF
vB code is ON
Smilies are OFF
[IMG] code is ON
 

< Contact Us - Doomworld >

Powered by: vBulletin Version 2.2.5
Copyright ©2000, 2001, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.