Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
j4rio

Unimportant suggestion

I was wondering if it wouldn't be more convenient to allow downloading attachments here even if you're logged out or unregistered? If it's possible, that is. I can't think of any harm it could cause, so, yeah, that's it.

That would be very convenient. Sometimes I want to show my demos to doomers who don't have a DoomWorld account and I have to reupload them to some other place because people can't download from here without registering. That's kinda annoying...

i'd say this is a no go because of automated bots that'd just download the heck out of doomworld and increase its bandwidth usage to levels that'd bring unnecessary attention from UGO (the host).

uh umh, from one hand it could be "comfty" to download right away, from the other hand I like the idea of more people registering here and eventually starting to contribute actively to the community life

we *need* always new people around after all :P

If this so, it will be good and convenient. I don't need to login again just for a demo, it's a storm in a teacup.

Indeed the demos also can downloaded via DSDA. However there's too much demos there, it takes time to find a demo by a certain player.

blob1024 said:

uh umh, from one hand it could be "comfty" to download right away, from the other hand I like the idea of more people registering here and eventually starting to contribute actively to the community life

we *need* always new people around after all :P

Yeah, it might seem like that. However, I'm sure there are numerous people who only registered to download attachments and didn't actually post a single time. You'd notice it if you stalked "who's online" a few times (yup, I'm such a creeper). A lot of "guests" visit this subforum, but vast minority ends up registering.