Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
4shockblast

Doom 2 The Way id Did demos [-complevel 2]

Post your demos for Doom 2 the Way id Did here. This is a 32+1 vanilla Doom 2 megawad, so -complevel 2 is recommended when using prboom-plus. The suggested naming convention is idXY-ZZZ.lmp, where XY is the map number and ZZZ is the time. Replace the "-" with a letter to represent categories such as NM or Pacifist.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Doom 2 the Way id Did is released, so I decided I'd post some demos for map 01. Didn't know if I should just make a new thread for this. Not sure about how naming demos will work for this one.
Anyway,
Map 01 Pacifist in 0:06.94
Map 01 NM-Speed in 0:06.97 (also Pacifist)
Map 01 Nomo in 0:06.83.

d2twid01.zip

If you're going to do demoruns I'd advise waiting for the idgames release, Alfonzo is still changing things he forgot to fix because he's an Alfonzo.

Tarnsman said:

If you're going to do demoruns I'd advise waiting for the idgames release, Alfonzo is still changing things he forgot to fix because he's an Alfonzo.

That's why I was waiting before posting a thread. I thought it was too early for it now.

Springy said:

That's why I was waiting before posting a thread. I thought it was too early for it now.

I thought it's probably too early too, but I decided to make a few demos anyway.

4shockblast said:

I thought it's probably too early too, but I decided to make a few demos anyway.

Don't blame you, we're all eager to get some demos for it done. This thread shook me a little and I thought "shit, best get some actual demos in before it's all taken and I can't speed run for it". I was just practicing a map 02 pacifist but I can only just get to the blue door before dying. Plus my laptop's now deciding to jitter after 10 minutes now. :/

Now that there's a final version on /idgames (thankfully, my map 01 demos don't seem to desync for me), it's time for some demoing.

Map 32 UV-Speed (also Reality) in 0:18.

EDIT: Sorry to those who downloaded, but I have to reupload because I didn't write the correct kill/item/secret stats in the textfile. As a bonus, I'll include my only successful run where I kill the Dopefish without a telefrag.

id32-018.zip

MAP29 UV-Max in 7:04

Nice map to playthrough, but a little tough to speedrun as many things can go wrong. Came up with a route which I think that is the best, but there are many options to choose from. I know I exited with a lot of ammo, but most of the ammo I got was in the last bits of the level. My guess is that backtracking would make one lose time.

id29-704.zip

d2twid movie in 45:25

This is more fun for me than single map speedruns. Has one major mistake in map 18 unfortunately. My first completed attempt with a demo, maybe I will try this run again in the future but probably not for a little while.

That's a surprising upload, but a lot of fun. There's certainly room for improvement in many maps (map18, haha), but this was an exciting and funny establishing 30uv run. Getting the switch trick on map24 surprised me a lot, I have to say.

Rizera said:

MAP29 UV-Max in 7:04

Nice map to playthrough, but a little tough to speedrun as many things can go wrong. Came up with a route which I think that is the best, but there are many options to choose from. I know I exited with a lot of ammo, but most of the ammo I got was in the last bits of the level. My guess is that backtracking would make one lose time.

really nice one. i had no clue about the secrets with the invuln and the ssg when i played that map, dropped down from the starting point and continued eastwards, aka the hard way.

Melon said:

Map02 UV Pacifist in 0:05. Yep.

Well, that is the secret exit. I suppose it's placed at a totally random wall just like the Xbox version of Doom 2 for authenticity.

This is a speedrun competition IL pack done over the last two months
by the SpeedRunsLive #Doom community. Speed Table was the priority, other categories were secondary.

Thank you to the participants.
-Artifex
-AdamAK
-BladeTwinSwords
-Crate
-Dime
-Ezormer
-Jmickle
-Kraflab
-Krankdud
-Mattyice
-PaymentPlan
-Wakecold

Best Speed Times for quick access
Krankdud: Maps 1, 2, 4, 10, 11, 12, 15, 15s, 16, 19, 20, 21, 22, 26, 27, 30, 31, 31s
Ezormer: 14, 15, 18
Dime: 3, 5, 15, 23, 28
Crate: 6, 8, 13, 17, 24, 25, 29
Kraflab: 9, 32

Enjoy!!

artifex.zip

There's a comments file that goes with my d2twid demos that Dime missed when he uploaded. Please use this version of the zip instead for DSDA.

crate d2twid.zip