Spider Mastermind
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Doom Speed Demos > 1killtng demos [-complevel 2]

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 11:44. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
litwr

IMHO this wad (http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=8714) is underestimated by the speedrunners. It looks very unusual and unlinear. I've just made several UV Max for it - http://doomedsda.us/wad32.html :-) I hope somebody may slightly improve my humble results. ;-)

Old Post 01-06-14 15:19 #
litwr is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GrumpyCat
Mini-Member

Map01 UV-Max 9:19

Attachment: 1k01-919.zip
This has been downloaded 8 time(s).

Last edited by GrumpyCat on 01-06-14 at 18:10

Old Post 01-06-14 17:26 #
GrumpyCat is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GrumpyCat
Mini-Member

Map02 UV-Max 3:42

Attachment: 1k02-342.zip
This has been downloaded 10 time(s).

Old Post 01-06-14 18:10 #
GrumpyCat is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
litwr

Thank you! I hope you also enjoy this wad. The shown way to make arch-viles at map01 is astonishing! How long did it take to find it?

Old Post 01-06-14 19:12 #
litwr is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Memfis
Forum Legend

I tried this wad several times but something always puts me off. Can't quite put it in words. One theory is that the monster density is just too high for me. Every room is stuffed with enemies and often it's just cannon fodder, not a real threat. And as far as I remember, you aren't given that much rockets/plasma so it isn't even mindless fun like in many Kama Sutra maps for example.

Some of the designs are quite cool and unique though. MAP31 is very sick.

Old Post 01-06-14 19:41 #
Memfis is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GrumpyCat
Mini-Member

Map03 UV-Max 4:10

Thanks!
For map 01 it was the third exit (the first one was on god-mode)
and it's obvious easy way to deal with those arch-viles.
Even if they hit you, you have plenty of hp.

Attachment: 1k03-410.zip
This has been downloaded 9 time(s).

Old Post 01-06-14 20:52 #
4shockblast
Turbo Speed

Map 01 UV max in 7:32, first exit.
Map 01 Nomo in 0:20.94.

Based on map 01, I kind of agree with Memfis that the map had too many monsters and not enough rockets and plasma to make it very enjoyable to max.

Attachment: 1k01.zip

Last edited by 4shockblast on 01-07-14 at 00:14

Old Post 01-06-14 23:57 #
4shockblast is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
blob1024
Forum Regular

Memfis said:
MAP31 is very sick.

wow! just played it and its quite challenging I like it. But one monster wasnt reachable for me in the outern area
tricks are rather nasty and the "cage" one with barons is just time base or what?

Old Post 01-07-14 00:25 #
blob1024 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Memfis
Forum Legend

Yes, it is time based ("door close, wait 30 seconds and open" type action) and it's important to know that each line of that key pedestal has that trigger so I guess it might be a good idea to try and cross them all before fighting. (so you don't wait 30 seconds, then activate the trigger again and wait 30 more seconds)

Which monster was unreachable btw?

Old Post 01-07-14 01:04 #
Memfis is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
4shockblast
Turbo Speed

Did some quick speedruns for map 04, so I'll post them in this thread.

Map 04 Pacifist in 0:03 (Also Reality).
Map 04 NM-Speed in 0:03.
Map 04 Nomo in 0:03.26.

Attachment: 1k04.zip
This has been downloaded 6 time(s).

Old Post 01-07-14 02:09 #
4shockblast is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
litwr

UV Max, Map01, 7:32, without any preparation - is this right?!

Old Post 01-08-14 07:26 #
4shockblast
Turbo Speed

litwr said:
UV Max, Map01, 7:32, without any preparation - is this right?!

I watched GrumpyCat's max, and I noticed a bunch of changes that could be done to speed it up (like getting the green armor first and going to the super shotgun quicker). I had some attempts prior to this that failed at before I reached the super shotgun. This is the first time I actually got the super shotgun and killed all the monsters in the first area, and the first time I exited. So, it's not a first attempt demo, but it didn't take too long.

Old Post 01-08-14 14:17 #
blob1024
Forum Regular

Memfis said:
Yes, it is time based ("door close, wait 30 seconds and open" type action) and it's important to know that each line of that key pedestal has that trigger so I guess it might be a good idea to try and cross them all before fighting. (so you don't wait 30 seconds, then activate the trigger again and wait 30 more seconds)

Which monster was unreachable btw?

on your way to the teleport which leads to the yellowkey (and that cool trap area before). There are some floating shits there, and those usually rise up to get slain, but there was a monster not flying up. I wondered if it was actually an imp. at least it was shooting some w/e-balls

Old Post 01-08-14 17:34 #
blob1024 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Memfis
Forum Legend

Hm, they are all cacodemons... Maybe you just weren't patient enough o,o.

Old Post 01-08-14 17:42 #
4shockblast
Turbo Speed

After watching GrumpyCat's max, I thought map 03 looked somewhat fun, so here's a max in 3:36. I preferred it to map 01. I haven't looked at map 31 yet.

Attachment: 1k03-336.zip

Old Post 01-10-14 04:39 #
GrumpyCat
Mini-Member

I tried map 31 on -fast, there are two problems =)
One with that second caco, waited more than minute, it don't want to go up.
Second is with the cross trap with cacos and av, very low chances of surviving.
Saving megasphere helps but then the first part is pure hell,
and i can't reach the elevator to the cave...

Also slow and dirty pacifist:
Map07 Pacifist 1:45

Attachment: 1k07p145.zip
This has been downloaded 8 time(s).

Old Post 01-10-14 07:56 #