Cyberdemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Doom Speed Demos > Unholy Realms TAS Demo

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 04:48. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
odysseyofnoises

Hock and I decided to start a tool assisted demo for Unholy Realms (ur_final.wad). Hock already did map01 in 7 seconds which is attached here. If anyone wants to record nomonsters demos showing the routes or make trick suggestions (like in the old PRCP tas thread) then that would be great.

Attachment: ur01.zip
This has been downloaded 12 time(s).

Old Post 07-13-14 00:48 #
odysseyofnoises is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
4shockblast
Turbo Speed

Map 1 in 7, what? What about the strafejump route? Should be more like 4 (I did 7 non-TAS with this route, heh). Here's run I started (plays back with old ur_final, desyncs with latest urdpfix).

Map 1 in 5 here, but it's .40 and 4 just has to be possible somehow (more wallrun possibilities maybe, better jump/imp handling, .000000 coordinate boosts on fast doors). Map 2 is in 9, though maybe 8 is doable with extra wallruns. Map 3 is in 8, and maybe a better linedef skip is possible, but it's hard. Wouldn't be surprised with 7 too much. 4 was in 13, but it needs to be redone anyway, and I think the zombiemen on the ledge closest to the exit and maybe the final monster crowd could be handled better for 12 (as it's .49).

Feel free to use the start of this run in this thread.

By the way, I hope you're using the fixed version, and there's still an unfixed map.

Also, final question for Hock. Will that PRCP TAS he worked on ever be released?

Attachment: 04urwip.zip
This has been downloaded 20 time(s).

Last edited by 4shockblast on 07-13-14 at 06:08

Old Post 07-13-14 00:54 #
4shockblast is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
odysseyofnoises

Thanks for the info. Hock is working on it.

Old Post 07-13-14 01:07 #
odysseyofnoises is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Snakes

Sweet! Looking forward to seeing everything exploited. One of the fun things about creating these routes is seeing just how quickly they're spotted, or alternatively, how long it takes for them to get cracked. UR is a weird combo of PL2-esque uber-easy tricks and routes that are just stupid to even think up. Look forward to seeing both ones in action :)

Old Post 07-13-14 05:10 #
Snakes is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
dew
experts

Snakes said:
One of the fun things about creating these routes is seeing just how quickly they're spotted, or alternatively, how long it takes for them to get cracked. UR is a weird combo of PL2-esque uber-easy tricks and routes that are just stupid to even think up. Look forward to seeing both ones in action :)

Yeah, I don't think I'll be spoiling any routes for UR. :)

Old Post 07-13-14 06:29 #
dew is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
odysseyofnoises

Where do I get the fixed version of Unholy Realms?

Old Post 07-14-14 02:53 #
4shockblast
Turbo Speed

Here's a link.

Old Post 07-14-14 03:21 #
4shockblast is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
odysseyofnoises

Hock has finished up to map04 now and wants advice on how to go about doing map05

Attachment: ur05.zip
This has been downloaded 13 time(s).

Old Post 07-20-14 22:02 #
4shockblast
Turbo Speed

odysseyofnoises said:
Hock has finished up to map04 now and wants advice on how to go about doing map05

I don't think there's any way of skipping the red key, but after that, go to the blue door and shoot through the window behind the blue door at the shotgun guy right next to it. Then do the normal route to the exit. At the exit walkway jump into right slime waterfall and go up through the tunnel to the glide to the exit switch.

Here's a speedrun I did non-TAS. I don't think there's any better route for TAS. Please do not upload to DSDA, as this is part of a later demo pack.

Nice looking map 1, by the way.

This has been downloaded 13 time(s).

Old Post 07-20-14 22:47 #
j4rio
Forum Staple

I don't see a point in bothering with TAS if there is no definite final version for demorecording.

Old Post 07-20-14 22:56 #
j4rio is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
odysseyofnoises

j4rio said:
I don't see a point in bothering with TAS if there is no definite final version for demorecording.

aaaand of course then you come in and ruin everybody's fun.

Old Post 07-21-14 01:43 #
blob1024
Forum Regular

well... he got a point tho
just in case some1 would mind to "lose" eventually a record

Old Post 07-21-14 08:16 #
blob1024 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Snakes

AFAIK, Map23 is the only "incomplete" map remaining. Still contemplating the finalization of it.

Old Post 07-28-14 02:25 #
Snakes is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
odysseyofnoises

On map05, is it faster to grab the ssg and kill the mancubus or wait for it to leave the switch room?

This has been downloaded 15 time(s).

Old Post 08-06-14 19:25 #
4shockblast
Turbo Speed

odysseyofnoises said:
On map05, is it faster to grab the ssg and kill the mancubus or wait for it to leave the switch room?

I think TAS should be fast enough to take the SSG anyway while you're waiting for the mancubus door to go down; at worst, you shouldn't lose too much time. It's probably going to be useful later on regardless. Hard to say which one is faster, though. If you could get the other monsters to shoot the manc enough that you could get it down in two SSG shots, maybe that would be faster. Otherwise, I feel like getting it out seems better. In any case, I feel that the best way to find out something like this is to test it.

Old Post 08-07-14 00:02 #
blob1024
Forum Regular

odysseyofnoises said:

for me this already desync on map3 or 4 forgot now, either with the ur-old and the urold+ur-patch wad

Old Post 08-09-14 11:31 #
blob1024 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
4shockblast
Turbo Speed

blob1024 said:

for me this already desync on map3 or 4 forgot now, either with the ur-old and the urold+ur-patch wad

Try downloading urdpfix again. Map 4 is the one that was changed in the latest version.

Old Post 08-09-14 14:58 #