Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
4shockblast

Perdition's Gate Demo Pack

Hi, I started a demo pack for Perdition's Gate, and I'm creating this thread for people to submit demos onto Doomworld if they do not want to use Google Drive/spreadsheets. Basically, you may submit a demo to this thread, and I will add it to the Drive folder and update the times. Textfiles are unnecessary, although if you want to you, you could add a textfile with just comments on the demo/port, so I don't have to ask you later on when I compile the demo pack. All categories are accepted; I plan for this demo pack to run until at least all maxes are improved and all UV-Speeds are done/improved, though it may run shorter or longer depending on the interest.

List of current records here: Perdition's Gate Times

Demo downloads here: Perdition's Gate Demos

Kotzugi said:

Well I'm not sure how to upload something to Google Drive anyway, so here's my updated UV Max for map 6 (4:30).

Cheers

Cool. I added your demo to the Drive folder and updated the tables. :)

Thanks. Can I just drag and drop (or somehow add) new demos to my folder in the future? Will you get a notification?

Kotzugi said:

Thanks. Can I just drag and drop (or somehow add) new demos to my folder in the future? Will you get a notification?

I didn't enable anonymous uploading, so I don't think you would be able to do that; the only way for anyone to upload demos/edit the spreadsheet is to get a GMail account and ask me for permission. I'm OK with just uploading the demos to the folder manually, though, since there aren't that many submissions to the demo pack anyway. :P

4shockblast said:

I'm OK with just uploading the demos to the folder manually, though, since there aren't that many submissions to the demo pack anyway. :P

Cool, in that case I'll just upload my demos on this thread. :)

Heh, almost right after I posted the first demo I got a 10 second improvement. Still going to try and get a better time, the start went pretty badly and the only thing that made me finish was the better luck at the exit area.

pg10-054.zip

Maybe I missed it somewhere, but is there an explanation/legend for the color scheme 4shock? I assume it's something like:

green - acceptable for demo pack
yellow - not quite there
pink/Caucasian - original improvable time
black - rejected for some reason (e.g. not 100% kills)

The key is on the right end of the sheet.

Green means the time was improved and the person doesn't intend to work on it any more.
Yellow means the time was improved but the person isn't done working on it.
Pink means the time is not from this pack (e.g. a DSDA demo).
Black is for things that don't exist, such as separate secret exit demos for uv max.

Map 12: Ancient Gate
UV-Max in 4:50

Dammit, I didn't use a couple of rockets towards the end. Therefore improvable (also because of a few other reasons, see .txt), but I think I was very lucky in this run nevertheless, since in a couple of tries (in which I didn't finish, but checked the time at various intervals) I couldn't even get close to that time again. Hard map, but very cool.

pg12uvm-450.zip