Sarge
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Doom Speed Demos > A Demo of close calls [Updated with working URL]

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 19:46. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Hellbent
Forum Bellend

I just recorded a demo in map22 and I upon viewing you will continually have an expectation for my death or feel it is very imminent. Keep an eye on my health throughout the demo, especially at the end ;)

I recorded it using zdoom 1.22

Ok, it should work now. Let me know if it does, thanks. www.schmolze.com/~jacobi/map22dem.zip

What if software archaeologists unearthed levels from the original DooM 1 that had somehow been lost and never made it into the original release of DooM? Project Doom the way id did explores what those levels might look like.

Last edited by Hellbent on 06-30-02 at 03:51

Old Post 06-30-02 02:39 #
Hellbent is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Erik

it doesn't work in zdoom 1.22

Old Post 06-30-02 19:25 #
Erik is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Hellbent
Forum Bellend

AHHHHHH!!!!

It didn't work when I tried playing it back either. I thought maybe it was just me, but, no... man, the few times I wanna save a demo, it doesnt' work...

Well, it wasn't too exciting. I got the soul sphere and green armor and killed the chaingunners in teh secret room without getting hurt. Then got the plasma gun and teleported into that painful outside area. I got reamed from all sides and went from 200 health to 19 in less than 3 seconds. Then I fell off into the green slime, and grabbed a rad suit, and maanaged to kill the spectreres and demons and avoid the fire balls and chaingunners and revent rockers without dying and killing most of the SOBs. Through out the level I was always low on health and thought I was gonn a die around every corner. I make it to the last room, and have 1 health after I kill the last chaingunner.

What if software archaeologists unearthed levels from the original DooM 1 that had somehow been lost and never made it into the original release of DooM? Project Doom the way id did explores what those levels might look like.

Old Post 06-30-02 20:46 #
Hellbent is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Erik

hehe, was all this on nightmare skill? or did you just play badly? ;-)

Old Post 06-30-02 21:54 #
Erik is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
DooMBoy
Heh
(but Stupidity still cannot be concealed)

Bah, I have a demo of myself beating E1M4 without cheating in very little time at all.

Old Post 06-30-02 22:37 #
DooMBoy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
oblivion
Loser

DooMBoy said:
Bah, I have a demo of myself beating E1M4 without cheating in very little time at all.

let me guess, ITYTD? :)

Old Post 06-30-02 23:43 #
oblivion is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Hellbent
Forum Bellend

hehe, was all this on nightmare skill? or did you just play badly?

It was on skill 4. The point of the demo wasn't to show off my skill, just thought it might be entertaining to see me constantly close to death, and then to exit with 1 health.

Old Post 07-01-02 00:00 #
DooMBoy
Heh
(but Stupidity still cannot be concealed)

oblivion said:

let me guess, ITYTD? :)

Nope. It was on HMP.

Old Post 07-01-02 00:34 #
DooMBoy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Hellbent
Forum Bellend

/me faints from disbelief at this feat.

Old Post 07-02-02 03:16 #