Doom Comic
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Doomworld News > ZHexen (and Zeth)

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 00:24. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Arioch
not arioch

As the title says, the latest beta of ZDoom 2.0 now has the long-awaited full support for Hexen. The new ZDoom 2.0 betas can be found at http://zdoom.notgod.com/lars/ and the file to download is [strike]23.cab[/strike] [strike]24.cab[/strike] 25.cab

Old Post 12-13-02 01:29 #
Arioch is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Arioch
not arioch

wheeeee :)

now to wait for this to make it into zdoomgl

although now the question has to be asked -- why .cab ?

<+phunk> i have to send 8 photos of myself in
<@fraggle> one for each angle
<@fraggle> they're going to make you into a doom monster

Old Post 12-13-02 01:34 #
Arioch is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Cyb

<3

Old Post 12-13-02 01:49 #
Cyb is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ichor
The Mysterious Red Square

Why is the maximum mana set at 400 instead of the usual 200? Also, when you do get 200 mana, that blue or green bar meter is full, but you can continue picking up mana until you reach 400.

Maybe I should use deusf -restore before playing it. Those Sabreclaws (replaces the Ettins) are awfully slow, heheh.

Old Post 12-13-02 02:07 #
Ichor is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Biffy
Forum Regular

This may be a more convenient download because Sparky has all three files included (zdoom.exe, zdoom.wad and fmod.dll).

sparky.suhost.com/pub/doom/zdoom_pre_23.zip

Hey Ichor, if you think that's a bug, will you report it on the zdoom forums?

Old Post 12-13-02 02:26 #
Biffy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ichor

Ok, I reported it. Also, this only happens when you type in the NRA cheat code. After that, it stays at 400, even when changing maps.

Another bug I may have found may affect gameplay just a little bit more. The Bloodscourge shots do not pierce through normal enemies. Normally, they go through any enemy except boss monsters.

Old Post 12-13-02 02:44 #
Ichor is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kaiser
Doom64 Guru

heh, now I can play hexen without having to use that crappy jhexen port! wee!!

Old Post 12-13-02 02:44 #
Kaiser is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Grazza
=/-

Cool, now we can have crappy jHexen vs Zdoom flamewars too! Yay! :)

Seriously, nice work Randy.

Old Post 12-13-02 04:46 #
Grazza is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
boris
meow

you fail it :P

Old Post 12-13-02 06:45 #
boris is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Hyena
Unfortunately it is lethal

Kickass! I just played Heretic DM with bots.

Old Post 12-13-02 17:54 #
Hyena is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Enjay
ASK ME ABOUT FOOTBALL / STEAM / DEAD CELEBRITIES / THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT

Arioch said:
although now the question has to be asked -- why .cab ?

Methinks Randy "heard" you (from RH-LOG.TXT)

Randy Heit said:
Uploaded 24.cab. Why cab? Because LZX compression is better than ZIP, and I'm stuck uploading files with a 56k modem. That's why. The source code archive alone is almost 700k smaller as a cab than as a zip. That's at least three fewer minutes I need to wait uploading it.

Old Post 12-13-02 20:31 #
Enjay is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Mr. NobodX
I post goatse. Laugh at me.

OH YEAH! *bounce around screaming*

Old Post 12-13-02 20:43 #
Mr. NobodX is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
mewse
aahahhh

no wonder randy has the time to work on zdoom, he doesnt have a stable internet connection

Old Post 12-13-02 22:14 #
mewse is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Ultimate DooMer
(former) /newstuff Chronicler

At last - a non 3D accelerated Hexen port! (but the character changing cheat doesn't work).

Apart from that, it's fine.

Ichor: is it possible get Fury to work fully under this version of ZDoom? (you've obviously tried to, given the fact you mentioned the sabreclaws. I tried it and managed to get into the game, but with original weapons etc. and no bridge things)

I know it sounds like a daft question, but I did get Sinful Discharge (a jHeretic-specific wad) to work in ZDoom, so I thought it might work with Fury as well.

Last edited by The Ultimate DooMer on 12-13-02 at 23:59

Old Post 12-13-02 23:18 #
The Ultimate DooMer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Reactron
Banned

Try http://sparky.suhost.com/pub/doom/zdoom_pre_25.zip

I Guess He Uploaded An Updated One :)

Old Post 12-14-02 01:39 #
Reactron is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ichor

The slow Sabreclaws were a result of furydata.wad still being merged into the iwad when I tried ZHexen. Essentially, they were just Ettins that looked and sounded different. The code uses JHexen (.996). The maps won't work in Hexen or ZHexen because you'll get a P_SpawnMapThing error, and you can't use ZHexen to spawn things like the Charm Spell or Blood Lich.

Old Post 12-14-02 02:46 #
Hyena
Unfortunately it is lethal

Where can I see a changelog? There wasn't one in the zip.

Old Post 12-16-02 04:33 #
Hyena is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Arioch
not arioch

try the source cab

<+phunk> i have to send 8 photos of myself in
<@fraggle> one for each angle
<@fraggle> they're going to make you into a doom monster

Old Post 12-16-02 18:08 #