Demon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Doomworld News > Doomed On Speed

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 13:25. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Linguica

The Doomed Speed Demos Archive has another massive update for you to peruse. I won't even bother listing all the new stuff that's been put up, but rest assured, there's a lot of new demos to wads through, if that's your thing.

Old Post 12-28-02 08:13 #
Linguica is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
myk
volveré y seré millones

Opulent, let me know if you got my email.

Old Post 12-28-02 10:04 #
myk is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Captain Red
Pants

Speed demos depress me...

Old Post 12-28-02 10:08 #
Captain Red is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ultraviolet
933-phunk-5up4h-94n9574

Demos to wads through?

Old Post 12-28-02 18:00 #
Ultraviolet is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Searcher

Some very impressive demos indeed.

Old Post 12-28-02 19:12 #
Searcher is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
durandal9
Warming Up

Hey Linguica, I have sent you a couple of mails about the GBA contest but you dont seem to be recieving them!

Edmundo

Old Post 12-28-02 23:44 #
durandal9 is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Andy Johnsen

Nice Insertion TAS set ARO, much enjoyed. I imagine it took some time to memmorize those maps even.

Old Post 12-29-02 00:17 #
Andy Johnsen is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Black Void

Wow... that stuff creeps me out... *shivers*

Old Post 12-29-02 03:03 #
Black Void is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
AirRaid
Graphics Zealot

Ultraviolet said:
Demos to wads through?

I noticed that. 'to wade through' I imagine. Ling is letting Doom go to his head :P

Old Post 12-29-02 04:14 #
AirRaid is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Andy Olivera
Forum Regular

Nice Insertion TAS set ARO, much enjoyed. I imagine it took some time to memmorize those maps even.

Thanks! Actually, memorizing wasn't the problem; it's finding a route to memorize that takes the most time.:-) A few of the levels(MAP03, for example), give you multiple route options. Hypothetical scenario: you can go for one of two keys in either order. You start out with an SG; an RL lies down one path, an SSG the other. Which route you choose depends on what monsters you'll face and how quickly they can be dispatched with the respective weapon. And if the level is low on ammo...ARGH!!!:-) The only situation worse than that is a non-linear level(The Raven Levels are the worst I've had to deal with in this category).

Of course, being a speedrunner, you've experienced all of this.:-) Glad you enjoyed the demos, and hurry up with the demos for the new AV release...:-)

Old Post 12-30-02 05:59 #
Andy Olivera is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote