Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cyb

That's Immoral, Mewse!

Okay mewse has nothing to do with this, but now I've filled my quota. So the Immoral Conduct page has been updated with new versionf of the project of the same name. You can grab the ZDoom version (for ZDoom 2.0) or the version for EDGE 1.27. So go check those out. If not in the know you can grab the latest ZDoom 2.0 here (33.cab I believe).

33.cab has a few naughty little problems as a spin off of trying to fix a problem with Zdoom and P:AR. If you just want to get a nice reliable version of Zdoom 2, the 19.zip file in the linked directory is a very solid version (although no Hexen support). Otherwise it might be worth waiting until Randy posts an update to 33.cab whenever he gets the chance.

Um, I think it does have hexen support. LWM's Chosen had that staff (or the arc of death) and it was meant to run with 19.

(EDIT or maybe partial support, dunno)

ravage said:

(EDIT or maybe partial support, dunno)

Yeah, I'd have to check to be doubly sure, but I think it was the last partial support version. It's been possible to use Hexen items in Zdoom games with Zdoom for months now (even back to 1.23 b33 and earlier), although when it was only partially supported, obviously only the items that Randy had added could be used.

Edit: In fact, it is still only possible to use the items Randy has added. It just so happens he's added them all. :-)

Beta testing of ICD-BETA.WAD was better for finding bugs in ZDoom itself than in Immoral Conduct. Played well, though. I'm looking forward to seeing what CW's done since the beta.

OK, for those that are keeping up to speed with the Zdoom pre releases, Randy posted 34.cab a short while ago, and it seems to sort out a lot of the problems that 30, 32 and 33 had. (There was no 31 for those wondering, 30.cab contained a version called 2.0.31).

HOLY CRAP.

Cory Whittle has done it again. The zdoom version kicks the ass of all the old ones. The EDGE version kicks the ass of... well... everything!

If only Cory Whittle himself even used these forums, he'd see how much I appreciate his work!! I'll e-mail him.

Edit: This gives me plenty of good ideas for Desert Warrior weapons... Although the thing where the minigun spews casings and metal links together, I had already thought of that after seeing some scenes from the Matrix(Helicopter minigun, anyone?). BTW, in Desert Warrior you'll be able to ride a Heli and use a mounted M134 Vulcan, mowing down men and trucks alike! Boom Boom!