Baron of Hell
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Doomworld News > Covaro Has Two Children...
Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 11:13. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
mewse
aahahhh

...and one of them is named Mockery. Regarding this ancient project, hosted on Doomworld and started in late May 1998, a lot of people around here have been believing that the ultimate mock of Mockery would be it's eternal abandonment. However, ignoring the critics and the nay-sayers, Covaro has descended upon us once again to reveal the new Mockery! He has promised an updated website (after nearly five years!), and to whet our appetites, has put together a four level demo of the malicious, mocking monster. This small preview has also been uploaded to /newstuff, which means the hate-mongering bastards we have writing /newstuff reviews will get to spew some venom on it.

Now the fun part - which will be completed first, Mockery or Mock 2? I'd include a link to Mock 2 but slipgate.org appears to be down.

Old Post 01-28-03 07:30 #
mewse is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Opulent

I hope he has kept up the playability aspect of it... as well as the ugliness. :)

Old Post 01-28-03 08:00 #
Opulent is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Vile
The man made of sticks

They were pretty fun to play through, although map03 drove me nuts with the sky corpses (I played using PrBoom). ZDoom would be the way to go, but it bombs out with 128 texture errors. :)

Old Post 01-28-03 08:05 #
Vile is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Tormentor667

I'm sorry, but I really don't like the thing at all after taking a look at the screenshots. It looks absolutely crappy and I am not going to download that shit!

Old Post 01-28-03 13:13 #
Tormentor667 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
covaro
Green Marine

ZDoom bombs??? What version? The preview version was limited in testing, but I'm looking for the final version to run (in some form or another) on:

MBF/Boom/PRBoom
ZDoom 1.22 and 2.X
JDoom
Legacy
Doom/Doom95 (Can't run original Doom.exe anymore)
Possibly a Linux port or two depending on if I feeling like setting up the Linux Box.

So if it doesn't run right now, just wait. I know atm it should run with the latest version of ZDoom and run in JDoom with a few errors in the maps cause of the gl stuff.

-Cov

Old Post 01-28-03 13:36 #
covaro is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
The Ultimate DooMer
(former) /newstuff Chronicler

mewse said:
This small preview has also been uploaded to /newstuff, which means the hate-mongering bastards we have writing /newstuff reviews will get to spew some venom on it.

Not really, as it's my turn this week.... (but I might get some venom ready)

Now the fun part - which will be completed first, Mockery or Mock 2? I'd include a link to Mock 2 but slipgate.org appears to be down.

Hopefully Mock 2, as it's gonna rock.... (well, my maps will anyway)

Old Post 01-28-03 13:58 #
The Ultimate DooMer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Torn
google is your master

Tormentor667 said:
I'm sorry, but I really don't like the thing at all after taking a look at the screenshots. It looks absolutely crappy and I am not going to download that shit!

OMG... try get the idea of what it is about... It is about to make crappy maps, etc... and also funny maps...

Mock2 is abuse of zdoom features... :P

Old Post 01-28-03 14:17 #
Torn is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Torn
google is your master

mewse said:

hahahahahahah.... mcock2 will, yuo know!!!1, wowz0r, m0ck3ry lookie relly good...

Old Post 01-28-03 14:19 #
Torn is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Nanami
not a woman

Tormentor667 said:

WE WIN!!! =D

Anyway, I'm betting on Mock2. It's my understanding that it will be out before the end of [ERROR], so look out!

Old Post 01-28-03 14:54 #
Nanami is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
balanco01
Green Marine

http://3ddownloads.com/doomworld/mockery/mock4lev.zip

404 Error not found

Plus a fucking annoying redirect to "valueclick"

Old Post 01-28-03 16:11 #
balanco01 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
balanco01
Green Marine

I got the web page, and when I cl*ck on the
download link, the same stupid page loads again.
When I enable scripting, I am bombarded with scripts,
flash crap, popups, and guess what. The freaking thing
still dosen't work :\

It's not on /newstuff either. :\

Any alternate links will be appreciated.

Old Post 01-28-03 17:14 #
balanco01 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
DooMBoy
Heh
(but Stupidity still cannot be concealed)

Tormentor667 said:
You know, that's why it's called "Mockery". It's a mockery of every good Doom2 level ever made. It's made purposely bad on purpose.

Old Post 01-28-03 17:18 #
DooMBoy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Job
Forum Legend

I was wondering what became of Mockery. I'm glad it seems to be back.

Old Post 01-28-03 17:26 #
Job is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Hyena
Unfortunately it is lethal

Tormentor667 said:

IGNORANCE!

Old Post 01-28-03 18:05 #
Hyena is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Hyena

By the way, about Mockery getting a bad review; If was my turn, and it's funny, which it's supposed to be, I would give it a good review.

Old Post 01-28-03 18:08 #
Hyena is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
mewse
aahahhh

balanco01 said:
http://3ddownloads.com/doomworld/mockery/mock4lev.zip

404 Error not found

Plus a fucking annoying redirect to "valueclick"

uhhm.. Works For Me(tm)

maybe you should get a popup blocker

Old Post 01-28-03 19:21 #
mewse is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
darknation
Forum Staple

hail mockery!

Old Post 01-28-03 20:13 #
darknation is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Scuba Steve

Wait let me get this straight... Mockery is Actually being released? I thought the whole point of Mockery was to be abandoned with the leader droping off the face of the earth.

Old Post 01-28-03 20:28 #
Scuba Steve is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Arioch
not arioch

Maybe the new goal is to release a small-ish beta and THEN the leader drops off the face of the earth (again).

<+phunk> i have to send 8 photos of myself in
<@fraggle> one for each angle
<@fraggle> they're going to make you into a doom monster

Old Post 01-28-03 20:36 #
Arioch is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Hyena

mewse said:

uhhm.. Works For Me(tm)

maybe you should get a popup blocker

I got it to work right now after trying well over twenty times periodically throughout the day.

Sucks to your ass-mar.

Old Post 01-28-03 20:44 #
DooMBoy
Heh

balanco01 said:
I got the web page, and when I cl*ck on the
download link, the same stupid page loads again.
When I enable scripting, I am bombarded with scripts,
flash crap, popups, and guess what. The freaking thing
still dosen't work :\

It's not on /newstuff either. :\

Any alternate links will be appreciated.

Hate to sound like mewse, but Works For Me Too (patent pending).

Old Post 01-28-03 23:49 #
DooMBoy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
mewse
aahahhh

DooMBoy said:
Hate to sound like mewse

why?! would it really be a bad thing if more people in the world sounded like me

Old Post 01-29-03 00:52 #
DooMBoy
Heh

mewse said:

why?! would it really be a bad thing if more people in the world sounded like me

That depends entirely on what you say, mewse :)

Old Post 01-29-03 02:15 #
mewse
aahahhh

jesus christ bananas

Old Post 01-29-03 03:09 #
Lazer

Anyone find a strange resemblance between map03 and COECITS?

Old Post 01-29-03 03:45 #
Lazer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
DOOM Anomaly
I am Weird Al

Yayz0rz, teh Mockery! I was looking at the Mockery site yesterday, wishing it would arise once again, and it did!! :D

I Love Picklehammer! Do You?

Old Post 01-29-03 03:49 #
DOOM Anomaly is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Danarchy
YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS!

Hyena said:
Sucks to your ass-mar.

Ahh...classic quotes from classic lit. :P

Old Post 01-29-03 10:11 #
Danarchy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
DooMBoy
Heh

mewse said:
jesus christ bananas
Ah, I see you pulled off a Stephen King one-liner there, mewse. :)

Old Post 01-29-03 14:48 #
Hyena

Lazer said:
Anyone find a strange resemblance between map03 and COECITS?

No!!!

Besides the fact that they're both very high?

Old Post 01-29-03 21:05 #
Fredrik

Heh, very cool levels.

But Mock 2 is better :)

Old Post 01-29-03 21:59 #
Fredrik is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote