Doom monster
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Doomworld News > Doom 64 Interview

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 13:32. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Bloodshedder
Spellchecker

Elbryan42 has sent word of an exclusive interview, conducted by FirebrandX, with two of the original level designers for Doom 64, which you can find at the Doom Depot. Along with commentary from both Tim Heydelaar and Randy Estrella, there's also some information on a secret in Doom 64 that apparently no one has ever found. On a related note, the Doom 64 TC needs another member for help with coding some of the more difficult aspects in recreating the game using jDoom's DED files.

Old Post 01-29-03 18:01 #
Bloodshedder is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
DooMBoy
Heh
(but Stupidity still cannot be concealed)

I read that interview like an hour ago, it was quite informative and generally a good read for all :)

Old Post 01-29-03 19:07 #
DooMBoy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
FirebrandX

For all concerned, I'd like to point out that this interview was written and conducted by myself. Some the questions were taken from suggestions by various Depot forum members, but I wrote everything myself, not to mention the fact that I had to track these guys down.

Old Post 01-29-03 22:25 #
FirebrandX is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Fredrik

Really good work indeed, nice, nice ^_^

Old Post 01-29-03 22:28 #
Fredrik is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Kaiser
Doom64 Guru

heh, most of the questions dealing with color sectors and other level questions were from me...

Old Post 01-29-03 22:47 #
Kaiser is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Jello

Good job on that interview firebrand, it was pretty fun to read. I've always loved doom 64, god bless software etc. for having a used copy that I could call my own. Now I really want to go try and find that secret though...I'll be back.

Old Post 01-29-03 22:51 #
Jello is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Vile
The man made of sticks

Played through the level, killed every monster, got every secret... and tapped on every wall but found nothing. Sorry :(

I didn't even find any normal walls that didn't give the oomph sound, and definitely not in the places given, so if I did actually find secret switches and didn't know it, I hit them in the wrong order... or something.

Old Post 01-30-03 00:15 #
Vile is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
elbryan42
Your Friendly Neighborhood Cacodemon

My guess is you have to probably push them in order to get the secret ones to be able to activate.

Your Nightmare is on the horizon. The Absolution is coming...

Old Post 01-30-03 01:28 #
elbryan42 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Vile
The man made of sticks

Needle in a haystack could relate to that hypothesis... I'm guessing none of the secret switches are in the start area because it's impossible to return once you've gotten past the first room.

One possibility could be to finish the level normally, then work backwards checking the walls.

Old Post 01-30-03 01:44 #
Vile is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Kaiser
Doom64 Guru

I am begining to think it could be another map....

Old Post 01-30-03 03:51 #
Kaiser is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote