Ouchface
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Doomworld News > ZDoom Insanity!

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 00:39. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Cyb

Okay folks, here's a bit of ZDoom brand fun for everyone. If you hustle over to the ZDoom lars directory you can grab the latest version of 2.0 which is that 38.cab 39.cab file (as of this writing anyways). And, if software mode just isn't enough for you, head over to the ZDoomGL project page to download the latest version of that which is based on 38.cab. Also if you're the editing type, you may want to grab the new version of ACC off the ZDoom page which allows you to use the new editing features on version 38. Read this file for the list of changes from 38.cab to 39.cab.

Old Post 01-29-03 22:49 #
Cyb is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Arioch
not arioch

What, Cyb (and not me) updated about ZDoom ?

<+phunk> i have to send 8 photos of myself in
<@fraggle> one for each angle
<@fraggle> they're going to make you into a doom monster

Old Post 01-29-03 23:00 #
Arioch is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
rf`
Dr. Nosign

So what's new in 38?

Old Post 01-29-03 23:39 #
rf` is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
timmie
2 legit 2 quit!

Better scripted marines along with improved Thing_Hate() or something. Basically you can have scripted battle sequences now.

I'm sure there's other things, too, but that's the main thing, I think.

Old Post 01-29-03 23:47 #
timmie is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
The Ultimate DooMer
(former) /newstuff Chronicler

Apparently the bug where you turn into a zombie after being killed by shooting a manikin has been fixed, but another bug has appeared: they no longer move when you shoot them (invincible or not).

Old Post 01-30-03 00:38 #
The Ultimate DooMer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
rf`
Dr. Nosign

Ultimate DooMer said:
but another bug has appeared: they no longer move when you shoot them (invincible or not).

What about barrel explosions?

Old Post 01-30-03 00:41 #
rf` is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
The Ultimate DooMer
(former) /newstuff Chronicler

Explosions will still move them, but you won't be able to use them in puzzles (as you can't move them around precisely, and you may not have rockets to do this). Which kinda screws up several of my maps (Heretic and ZDoom).

Old Post 01-30-03 01:40 #
The Ultimate DooMer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Enjay
ASK ME ABOUT FOOTBALL / STEAM / DEAD CELEBRITIES / THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT

Updates:

Zdoom 2.0 pre-release 39

Acc 1.28

Acc 1.28 windows exe

pre 38 to 39 differences

Acc 1.28 source

Old Post 02-02-03 18:33 #
Enjay is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Stealthy Ivan
DM 4 life

All I have to say is, ZDooM is the best thing to happen to DooM yet... :)

Old Post 02-04-03 20:14 #
Stealthy Ivan is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
DooMBoy
Heh
(but Stupidity still cannot be concealed)

Stealthy Ivan said:
All I have to say is, ZDooM is the best thing to happen to DooM yet... :)
Very true IMO :)

Old Post 02-05-03 00:54 #
DooMBoy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote