Ouchface
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Doomworld News > Torment And/Or Torture

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 05:33. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
mewse
aahahhh

Tormentor667 has updated his Doom page with new bilingual design, so you can read it in English, and then in German, and then go back to English, and then maybe German again!! Doomworld encourages responsible use of bilingualism. Apparently, there is a revised version of TNT2 available in the download area of this site, and the news contains some screenshots of TNT3 which is still in development. Warning: There is no warning.

Old Post 01-31-03 17:52 #
mewse is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
NiGHTMARE
Forum Legend

Warning: mewse has his monitor brightness turned down very low.

Paradox: The gateways have re-opened. But this time it isn't hellspawn who've come through...

Old Post 01-31-03 18:03 #
NiGHTMARE is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DOOM Anomaly
I am Weird Al

Another Warning: Mewse doesn't know how to adjust gamma. :D

I Love Picklehammer! Do You?

Old Post 01-31-03 18:26 #
DOOM Anomaly is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
mewse
aahahhh

fine

Old Post 01-31-03 18:58 #
mewse is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Arioch
not arioch

If you like your computer monitors to have that nice white glare, fine.

But for those of us working with normal displays, that's an awful dark screenshot.

<+phunk> i have to send 8 photos of myself in
<@fraggle> one for each angle
<@fraggle> they're going to make you into a doom monster

Old Post 01-31-03 18:59 #
Arioch is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
NiGHTMARE
Forum Legend

My monitor isn't even at half of its full brightness level and the screenshots are both fine.

In fact, I have one of the official Doom 3 screenies as my desktop background, and that's a little dark at the current settings.

Paradox: The gateways have re-opened. But this time it isn't hellspawn who've come through...

Old Post 01-31-03 19:02 #
NiGHTMARE is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Cyb

monitors seem to vary. I have a crt at home that, even at the highest brightness, makes everything look really dark and black. And then I have another one that displays everything too bright at the middle setting (high setting gives off that wonderful white glare arioch was talking about). On my current monitor (which is lcd, whereas those other two are crt, I dunno if that means anything) everything seems to look a lot better, though I do have the brightness set all the way up, but I find it displays stuff a lot better than those two older ones (they're both around 6 years old or more).

Old Post 01-31-03 22:47 #
Cyb is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Opulent

the second shot is dark on my monitor -- mainly because of the white backgroud.
good screens though.

Old Post 01-31-03 23:35 #
Opulent is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
stphrz
I use a blowtorch to make crème brûlée

On the Doomworld forums index page there is a line near the top of the page that goes like:

Forum Posts Threads Last Post Moderator

This line is highlighted by a dark grey strip that is slightly lighter than the black background.

If you can't see the highlight strip at all your monitor is set too dark.

If it stands out greatly you have your monitor set too bright. You should be able to just make it out.

Old Post 02-01-03 01:35 #
stphrz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
rf`
Dr. Nosign

I have a shitty monitor, and at least the brightness works. :)

Old Post 02-01-03 02:48 #
rf` is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
mewse
aahahhh

my problem is the glare from white areas of the screen -- when the screenshots get loaded into my browser, they take up the topleft corner of the window and most of the rest of the screen remains stark white.. when 75% of the screen is full white its hard to pick out the details of a dark screenshot.

and yes, i can see the dark grey strip on the main forums page.

Old Post 02-01-03 07:22 #
Tormentor667

Well, you could eventually download all the screenies, put them into a powerpoint presantation and set the ppt's background color to black ;) This might also work *g*

Old Post 02-01-03 10:09 #
Tormentor667 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Cyb

Tormentor667 said:
Well, you could eventually download all the screenies, put them into a powerpoint presantation and set the ppt's background color to black ;) This might also work *g*

Orrr just set the browser's default background color to black...

Old Post 02-01-03 19:42 #
Cyb is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
mewse
aahahhh

Cyb said:

Orrr just set the browser's default background color to black...

wtf cyb, thats a great idea.. thanks

Old Post 02-01-03 23:04 #
Tormentor667

/me likes the ppt idea more ... -_-°

Old Post 02-02-03 00:07 #
Tormentor667 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
kristus
Megablast!

/me really don't like when people use powerpoint.

Old Post 02-02-03 03:02 #
kristus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Tormentor667

reasons?

Old Post 02-02-03 10:51 #
Tormentor667

Topic: I have some other screenshots of TNT3. If anyone wants to see them, I could put em up ;)

Old Post 02-02-03 20:06 #