Weird impy thing
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Doomworld News > Male Pattern Speedmapping

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 10:12. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Katarhyne
She's a MAN, baby!!

Yeah. So, anyway, SargeBaldy is apparently permanently the Speedmapping torchbearer, and he smacked me around with an oar so I'd tell everyone that another one of those speedmapping wad thingies is done, apparently with an island theme. Check it out.

Old Post 02-03-03 06:31 #
Katarhyne is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Cyb

omg these maps suck! they all look like they were made in like 100 mins or something!! WTF!!

Old Post 02-03-03 06:51 #
Cyb is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Danarchy
YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS!

Map02 is teh sex!

Old Post 02-03-03 06:51 #
Danarchy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Jonathan
I am not a leet hax0r :(

Damnit, way to not advertise it on the forums. I thought there wasn't one happening...

Old Post 02-03-03 08:18 #
Jonathan is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Russell_P
www.duellist.net

Jonathan said:
Damnit, way to not advertise it on the forums. I thought there wasn't one happening...

not that I ever take part in these events, but Jonathan is quite right. First I've heard of it too. Is there now a secret speed mapping club? Do you all have secret hand shakes and all that? :)

Old Post 02-03-03 10:33 #
Russell_P is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GooberMan
Scripting Nut

Uh, there was a news item a few weeks ago that speed mapping was starting up yet again... don't remember hearing stuff about if after that, so I guess it was a "those who are interested are already there" kind of thing.

Old Post 02-03-03 12:28 #
GooberMan is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Naked Snake
HAHA I AM A FAG AND I CAN'T CHANGE THIS TITLE ANYMORE

That'd be hard for Badly, considering he's banned. Maybe he can have his ban lifted by Lüt? In any case, am I the only one that got the headline for this news post?

Old Post 02-03-03 12:29 #
Naked Snake is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Enjay
ASK ME ABOUT FOOTBALL / STEAM / DEAD CELEBRITIES / THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT

BBG said:
In any case, am I the only one that got the headline for this news post?

No :-)

The follicly challenged one could always ask someone else to publicise the event here if he can't post in person.

Old Post 02-03-03 12:53 #
Enjay is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Nanami
not a woman

All you have to do is be in #ZDoom on the weekends and you usually don't miss it.

Old Post 02-03-03 14:54 #
Nanami is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Jonathan
I am not a leet hax0r :(

Well yes I knew it had started up again, but then Nightmare posted in the forums that he couldn't run it anymore. Anyway, I'll be there next week hopefully.

Old Post 02-03-03 15:01 #
Jonathan is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
kristus
Megablast!

I was in #zdoom and I missed it.

Old Post 02-03-03 16:51 #
kristus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
fraggle
Filled with the code of Doom

kinky

Old Post 02-03-03 17:42 #
fraggle is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
zark
is more awesome than Ralphis

Cyb said:
omg these maps suck! they all look like they were made in like 100 mins or something!! WTF!!

Actually, mine was made in about 20.

Old Post 02-03-03 17:48 #
zark is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Hyena
Unfortunately it is lethal

I'd like to take this time to acknowledge Erik_Alm and Magikal who seem to be the only ones who really followed the instructions :p

Nanami: Your level reminds me a lot of iamevil4.wad (ftp://3darchives.in-span.net/pub/id...-i/iamevil4.zip)
Nice work.

And Zarcyb: Join Mock 2. We might have one map spot available. If not we can squeeze an extra one (zdoom allows for lots of maps). Your map rocked my twisted little brain.
If I get a boat, I'm going to name it after yours, the H.M.S. Kthnxbye.

Old Post 02-03-03 18:17 #
Hyena is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Danarchy
YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS!

Hyena said:
I'd like to take this time to acknowledge Erik_Alm and Magikal who seem to be the only ones who really followed the instructions :p

Hey, I did too. All I was missing was the boat.

It sank.

Old Post 02-03-03 21:40 #
Danarchy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
pritch
Super Moderator

heh, zarcyb.wad is teh greteast map ever.

Oh, Erik's is ok too.. :P

Old Post 02-03-03 23:53 #
pritch is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Erik

the_Danarchist said:

Hey, I did too. All I was missing was the boat.

It sank.

heh =)

Your map was the one I enjoyed the most from a design point of view. I did like mine and magikal's most from a gameplay point of view though.

Old Post 02-04-03 00:14 #
Erik is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Opulent

http://www.doomworld.com/sda/id/sp2_op.zip
couple of map03 demos.
3621 imps! that is taking the rules a bit too far, I think. :)
would be cool to put a couple Cybers at the other end...
Erik, your map04 demos were nice. I also liked when you gave that imp a shave and a haircut on 5. :)

Old Post 02-04-03 00:28 #
Opulent is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Nanami
not a woman

But it was an island inhabited by imps. =P

Old Post 02-04-03 02:03 #
Nanami is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Hyena
Unfortunately it is lethal

Opulent said:
http://www.doomworld.com/sda/id/sp2_op.zip
couple of map03 demos.
3621 imps! that is taking the rules a bit too far, I think. :)
would be cool to put a couple Cybers at the other end...
Erik, your map04 demos were nice. I also liked when you gave that imp a shave and a haircut on 5. :)

I want to see the shave and a haircut. Where are these demos?

Old Post 02-04-03 04:24 #
Hyena is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
myk
volveré y seré millones

They are on the speedmapping page itself (sb2demos.zip.)

Old Post 02-04-03 04:39 #
myk is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Heretic
chocolate!!111

lol haha, ho ho. OK, obviously mapper of map01 wasnt impressed with the theme. Was i playing mockery?
/Laughin in my own filth

Old Post 02-04-03 11:24 #
The Heretic is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote