Spider Mastermind
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Doomworld News > Bad Luck To Walk Under

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 17:22. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
mewse
aahahhh

A new set of speed-running ladders have been added to Doom2.net, and I'm pretty sure the Bahdko can explain the concept much more eloquently than I, so here's her email on the topic:

In addition to the Combat-Shotgun competition ladder that was released last year, there are now three speedrunning ladders. They use e2m5, e1m3, and Doom2 Map02 in -nomonsters mode. The rankings on the ladder are determined by the exact demo times, which is into the hundredths of a second (or in gametics, actually). The main site for the competition ladders is here.

A note about competition ladders: A competition ladder differs from the more common tournament-style competitions such as Compet-N in that it is a structured list of players who are competing against one another for ranking on the ladder. The participants are not necessarily competing for the top position, and in this kind of single-player based ladder, they do not have to schedule matches with other players like in the older, BBS-style ladders. Participants record and upload faster recordings whenever they feel like it, essentially.

Directions on how to participate are linked from the main ladder page, for anyone who's interested.

--Bahdko (the proud occupant of the bottom rung of the speed ladders.... woo ... admire the skill, yeah, not).
Remember: don't admire the skill.

Old Post 02-06-03 07:25 #
mewse is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Julian

And I thought *I* quoted too much. :P

Old Post 02-06-03 09:55 #
Julian is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
myk
volveré y seré millones

I sent a demo... not too good, but what do you want, I even spent some time playing with a barrel in map02's dark area.

Old Post 02-06-03 10:09 #
myk is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Opulent

never was any good at those 3 maps. meh.

Old Post 02-07-03 00:31 #
Opulent is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote