Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

Dismembered Demo

WarLord from the LeechPit (yes that's his name) has let me know about the demo release of his project, Dismembered. This version expands on the three-level demo, reviewed by Bob Larkin a couple of days ago, to a full episode replacement. Anyways, grab it fast in case the GeoCities site gets Doomworlded or something.

Update: I've been notified that he has placed a DeHackEd patch on the page so the demo is playable with any source port.

not enough ammo in the levels...
and switchs, where you wonder what do...

Torn said:

not enough ammo in the levels...

There is a weapon with unlimited ammo so it shouldn't be an issue.

What I did not like is that there is no Dehacked patch to play this with a source port. This is STUPID!

MORBIDTWATT said:

heh you need a source port to play this hehehe riiigghhhtttttt

Of course I need a source port. I don't play in 320x200. Period. Besides, what about all the people that cannot use the DOS EXE anymore? (WinXP etc.)

Who cares about storyline though? Especially the one in the readme.txt. Even the ingame stories of those Doom TCs/mods which try for storyline oriented gameplay are usually pretty awful and unoriginal.

I actually liked the wad for a retro kind of play. A bit too easy maybe, but pretty good I thought, some decent secrets, and the first part of the secret level looked really good. I didn't at all appreciate having to fuck around making my own imp-ball launcher in Dehacked before properly playing it though.

"Who cares about storyline though? Especially the one in the readme.txt. Even the ingame stories of those Doom TCs/mods which try for storyline oriented gameplay are usually pretty awful and unoriginal."

Have you played any of Tommy "Fatal" Quick's wads? Trust, in particular? I thought not.

Well, note that I said "usually" before another curt reply please, and I'm gonna go and get the wad on your recommendation. But it better not be some space/military invasion blah blah storyline, because I'll be straight back here complaining :) Actually I would say that's an incorrect way of looking at things, you can tell the same story in many different ways - cinema has been working on the same formulas for decades and there is still huge differences between films. I'll revise my opinion on that one.

I probably won't like it considering I am generally interested in the emotional depth side of things in stories, which will most likely shade my opinions very differently from yours, since I think that puts me at ends with most people's tastes here. Anyway, I'm gonna go get it.

Super Wavelength 64 said:

"Who cares about storyline though? Especially the one in the readme.txt. Even the ingame stories of those Doom TCs/mods which try for storyline oriented gameplay are usually pretty awful and unoriginal."

Have you played any of Tommy "Fatal" Quick's wads? Trust, in particular? I thought not.

Do you not get it? You're banned. BANNED BANNED BANNED. Banned.

pritch said:

Do you not get it? You're banned. BANNED BANNED BANNED. Banned.

Yeah, I've heard this a lot of places around here. He still seems to keep coming back though.