Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mewse

Doomworld Nearing Its End

To anyone working behind the scenes at the big world of Doom, it's been blatantly obvious the difference Linguica's departure has made. However, it is just one reason that we have decided as a group to leave the site and move on to less boring pursuits. Click (more) for a more detailed explanation..

Luckily, continuing at the pace we have been going, episode 3 might see the light of day in 2008.

Heh, you almost had me until I read that part. 2108 maybe.

Your cruel April Fools trick has had an unfortunate consequence. I so nearly had a heart attack upon reading the announcement that I feel it is just too risky for me to continue visiting Doomworld. This will therefore be my last post here.

This does have the small benefit that my post-count will remain 1337 for ever more.

PS: It's still before noon here in the UK :)

mewse said:

Julian[/b]: {...} Oh, and if mewse posts something retarded for April's Fools, I will fly to Canada and beat the snot out of him. I'm serious.

Dead serious.

rofl. Who really though DW would go down soon is a fucking idiot. I just went here to DW thinking "hey let's see what they have as aprils fool". Not too innovative joke though. I liked the one where DW and DN switched their pages :)

hahahha not funny!!! but yeah kinda funny... i was like damn it i just got here! and i have more Qs... someone bumped the topic about Mr. Linguica leaving sooo... goddamn that scared me more then a cybie :p

OMG, DW IS CLOSING, OMG, EVERYONE IS LEAVING, OMG, DOOM COMMUNITY IS DEAD, OMG, WHAT SHALL WE DO? OMG wank?

good joke :P

Good gosh, man, my heart still hasn't started beating yet. Geez, nice April Fools Day joke. Wow, you guys really know how to pull a good prank.

Our other ideas were rejected out of hand. Just as well though, wouldn't do for Julian to come over and hunt us all down.

Too bad that I always look for jokes as the first thing I do when I visit a website on April 1st. So no go with me :)

I heard that Doomworld is going to be run by Unicorn X, Woolie Wool, and esco until Millennium is finished.

Ichor said:

I heard that Doomworld is going to be run by Unicorn X, Woolie Wool, and esco until Millennium is finished.

hahah

Darkstalker said:

It would've been funnier if DW was in French.

That indeed had been a good joke!

mewse said:

Etc. etc.

In light of DooM World closing and all, I have a few questions:

1. With you guys not "managing" this place any more, how can we prevent everything from falling into disarray?
    2. Will New DooM be taking over this site?
    3. Will DooM Center be taking over this site?
    4. Will id Software be taking over the world?
    5. Will I be able to retain my post count?
    6. Who will review my next masterpiece (aka piece 'o crap), soon to be revealed to the masses via /newstuff?

Heheheheheheheheh!
Heheheheheheheh!

Heh! I knew it was too bad to be true. Had me fooled for a moment though.

I was completely fooled and worried for a couple of minutes, because I stumbled across it on the forums rather than seeing the news story on the main page. Reading the wording on the main page now, the tone of "less boring pursuits" seems to give it away as not being entirely serious.