Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cyb

The /newstuff Chronicles #136

It has been replaced with an expanded version, rw.wad (20 levels instead of 8). I've just finished playing it, and I think it is really good - not too difficult, but plenty of fun. Some of the levels are clearly inspired (in the best sense of the word) by popular maps from well-known wads (E4M6 and HR map14 being notable ones). Very highly recommended.

The Flange Peddler said:

One of my maps was reviewed in two consecutive weeks. In Newstuff 121 and 122.. though 122 was a minor bug fix so may not count. Anyway, wasn't Mark Klems mkmines also in heroes2 last week ? Maybe it was one of his other wads I can't remember...

Yeah, mkmines is in heroes2. It´s map11 but the txt file strangely credits it to a guy called Darren Cullern and names it ´Underground´. Maybe the person who compiled heroes2 has messed things up.

Black Void said:

Nuts3 froze my whole computer...

What port did you use?

crossing acheron is indeed a fine map.

Crossing Acheron made me decide to Dante's Inferno, gave me an idea for a Hell cathedral, inspired Epsiodes 2 and 3 of Apocalypse, and combined with a few other things to give me an idea for a book! If I never read Dante's Inferno, I never would have done my term paper on it (and I wouldn't have waited till the night before to do it). Unfortunently, the book and the cathedral are now abandoned, but that cathedral re-emerge to make it into the levels of Apoclaypse. So . . . as you can see, Crossing Acheron has made at least a psuedo-improtant influence on my life. Probably the reason it affected me so much is because it was the first level I ever played that was actually pseudo detailed and clearly inspired. When I saw those floating cubes I was just like, "Woah. Dude!" You see, I was cut off from the Doom community for about seven years and the only PWADs I had were the ones from the Master level set. Ugh. (Generally. There are a few diamonds in the rugh there.) But I've rambled on long enough. If you've never played Crossing Acheron, download it RIGHT NOW! The powere of Christ compels you. And read Dante's Inferno! It'll put the fear of God in you. (For a little while at least.)

ravage said:

Crossing Acheron 2 is in Heroes 2.

The Ultimate DooMer said:

We have the first map ever to appear in 2 consecutive newstuffs - Acheron 2 was in last week's (in Heroes 2) and now on it's own in this week's!

Well I bought the game Deus ex and wish I hadnt, Andy Leavers wad on the other hand is well worth down loading and playing, no surprise there.

hey hi kuberr, nice to see you over here. I was hoping the new one would be up too :(

Nice to see you too Mystic.

Yeah, I was mainly concerened since I have my first publicly announced/released wad on it.

It isn't much, but there's a much sweeter surprise instore within the next couple of weeks.