Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

Connected to Doom

Gherkin has written in about the release of Doom Connector version 3.08. The biggest change in this version is that public servers are displayed as virtual rooms, where players can chat before joining the game. You can find the numerous other changes here.

fp!

Ah, glad to see some of these changes in there. Go DC!

EDIT: This feature listed in the news is actually one I had wanted more than anything. This way, you don't have to run a private server to have the chat room capability.

Heh, now I have to sort through the legacy ones to get to the zdaemon ones.

Must Ph33R those people in DC though.

Yeah... most of them are stupid 9 year olds..

This feature listed in the news is actually one I had wanted more than anything.

I believe it was you and Carnevil that came up with this idea, so that all engines would be accesible the same way, and no seperate tab for zdaemon/csdoom/skulltag, which kinda hided them from DC's features.

Heh, now I have to sort through the legacy ones to get to the zdaemon ones.

Below the list are filter options to filter what you see. The checkbox "Show Empty" is selected by default, but you can deselect it to only show the rooms where a game is being played. At the top of the list are column headers which you can click once or twice to sort the list ascending or descending by that column. So click the "Engine" one twice and youll have all ZDaemon ones at the top ;)

most of them are stupid 9 year olds

Good to know; You can right-click someones name and select Mute from the popup menu :) If the whiners get out of hand, some moderator right-clicks and selects Kick ;)

Im dying to try this thing, looks like I have a reason to get broadband after all.