Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Ultimate DooMer

The /newstuff Chronicles #138

But normally you don't upload well over a dozen seperate wads all at that same time.

EDIT: BTW, fp on the second page!

NiGHTMARE said:

EDIT: BTW, fp on the second page!

this is still on the first page for me :P

Phew. After finally playing all of this weeks newstuff, I think I can declare Simo Malinen the king of DOORTRAK. DL_drill.wad was awesome. It's a good reminder that you can have very convincing levels in vanilla DooM.

The dark base had some nice ideas in there, but overall it was kinda on the bland side. The monster placement was quite nice. Not too little, not too much. I never was up to those 20mpsi (monsters per square inch) maps.

[Peter Griffin Song]My god the Desert's freaking sweet.[/Peter Griffin Song]

Shit! I can't download MassMouth2 cause of my shitty connection. What a pile of shit! I loved the first one too. D;

Use3D said:

Shit! I can't download MassMouth2 cause of my shitty connection. What a pile of shit! I loved the first one too. D;

i downloaded it on my 56k O_o hell, i downloaded the doom64tc + music on my 56k heh.

Heh, whenever someone complains about a 20 meg file it always makes me laugh. Clearly these people haven't checked out some of the add-ons for more recent games :)

Why there's a mod (well, really a thing that combines lots of existing mods into one) being made for Baldur's Gate 2 that's going to be something like 11.5 gigs when done! :) (although this does equate to something like 400-500 hours of gameplay)

Use3D said:

If you're on 56k, you can download it in something like 75-90 minutes or so depending on traffic (it took me 75), and it won't be a pain for anyone else if you downloaded it late at night when no-one will want to use the phone. Besides, it's one of the best things you'll play this year, so that's a good enough reason.