Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
deathz0r

The /newstuff Chronicles #140

I'm using DeeP BSP. AFAIK it's the only nodesbuilder which can build the nodes on levels which go over the standard blocksize limit.

Gokuma said (in the Lamasery text file):
As far as I know, you can only use custom wads with Strife in multiplayer
mode and there doesn't seem to be anyway to play cooperative mode. If you
want to try this map by yourself you can fake multiplayer mode like this:

ipxsetup -nodes 1 -file lamasery.wad -altdeath -warp 1 -skill 3

I just tried it with Strife ver 1.31 using this command line

strife1 -file lamasery.wad -warp 01

that worked just fine. Well, aside from the fact that strife doesn't really run under WinXP, but the map loaded and I got a quick look around until the slow gameplay and corrupted sounds got the better of me. :-(

I just tried that Strife map with Vavoom and it looks really cool. Good work.

Retox said:

I just tried that Strife map with Vavoom and it looks really cool. Good work.

Ahhh, of course - ports. Just tried with Zdoom. All the architechture looked fine, but Zdoom has no support for the strife items, so most appeared as unknown thing exclamation marks or as wrongly palletted doom items. The sky was wrong too (doesn't show the true sky effect, only the F_SKY001 graphic. The architecture and textures were fine though.

I played Nightmare's nb_e1m01 last night, and that was.....whacked. Cool, but whacked. :) Good job Nick.

I found a shortcut in Rebirth map02. When you get to the first tower (up the stairs from the river, where the silver pull switch is), you can run through the window and into the other tower, where the yellow key is, without getting the blue key you're supposed to have to get there. Don't know if it's a deliberate shortcut or if the author just overlooked it.

NiGHTMARE said:

I'm using DeeP BSP. AFAIK it's the only nodesbuilder which can build the nodes on levels which go over the standard blocksize limit.

Ultramarine.wad was repaired last week using DeePsea to delete unused sectors and linedefs, remove zero-length line, overlapping lines and 2-sided lines facing void, with a final node build. The repaired wad is at http://home.earthlink.net/~mjblakely/data/ultramarine.zip
by request of Ultimate Doomer, supposedly for purposes of this review. I got the author's permission to do the repairs and to overwrite the file in 3d archives, but Ty has not completed that task yet, so don't go to the link up in the review.