Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Ultimate DooMer

The /newstuff Chronicles #158

Uhhh, I played Zanzan before, a long time ago, and I didn't have lighting problems like this then.
(Ie, I can't see a thing when I walk through the first doors. Those goatse thingies killed me easily)

Ultimate Doomer: The reason I thought it was you is because the forum post is under your name for some reason.

The Doomworld staff won't let me keep my Grammarbot account, as my custom title seems to suggest, so I guess I'll have to integrate that into my normal account. Here goes.

ZdoomGL said:

...WARNING: TOO MUCH ENTRIES IN THE FLAT_TEX_LIGHTS SECTION
WARNING: TOO MUCH ENTRIES IN THE FLAT_TEX_LIGHTS SECTION
WARNING: TOO MUCH ENTRIES IN THE FLAT_TEX_LIGHTS SECTION...

Translation provided by Grammarbot 3.0:
I feel it necessary to remind you that there are too many entries in the section labelled "FLAT_TEX_LIGHTS" and hope that you will acknowledge this while playing. This message will be repeated so as to ensure that you are properly informed of the situation.

zdoomgl 0.66 was built for much older video cards, and it had issues even with them, so I guess the moral of the story is to be happy it even works with newer hardware, heh

also if you paid attention you'd note that UD did all the other reviews, he SAID he couldn't review ZanZan because zdoomgl wouldn't run on his system so Grazza did it for him:

Ultimate Doomer said:
The last review is by Grazza, as I was unable to play the wad (ZDoomGL refuses to work on my system):

and finally, perhaps you should come to the realization that your accounts were perhaps banned for a reason

Cyb said:

zdoomgl 0.66 was built for much older video cards, and it had issues even with them, so I guess the moral of the story is to be happy it even works with newer hardware, heh

Hmm. I just noticed another thing. When I played zanzan before, the fire sphere weapon (chaingun replacement) would create light when it hit. (The light would be small at first, then spread out, and finally detonate)
It doesn't now. I think zanzan was created with an older version of zdoomgl in mind. Maybe 0.66 "fixed" things that created compatibility issues.

and finally, perhaps you should come to the realization that your accounts were perhaps banned for a reason

Okay, the Michael_Jackson one I understand. I don't really care about that one.
The grammarbot one at least got a couple of laughs out of some of the other forum users. I looked through the FAQ and didn't see any rules about multiple accounts, but if it was still considered bad doomworld etiquette, I would have appreciated a "please don't do that" rather than a "let's not tell him directly, but just give him a big insulting custom title" solution. I liked my old custom title :(

Cyb said:

The problem isnt zdoomgl, but zanzan :-/
I have tryed to load it in a newer zdoomgl, but there:
a) In OpenGl mode he dosnt draw the flats and walls around the player
b) Zanzan works..... but i die instantly by a cyberdemon explosion (strange o.o)

I really enjoyed Mortiser 5. i was happily ssging away thinking that the map would make good demo fodder then bam... cyberdemon. bloody hell. i was very lucky to get a lot of infighting around the red key trap and the barons took down the cyberdemon for me. though i'm a bit too scared to go head to head with the big guy with just an ssg in a demo or die situation.

has anyone noticed that every week one wad gets singled out and talked about by everyone. a couple of weeks ago it was mock2, and no one noticed any of the other wads, including mine. this week it's bloody zanzan which i have no intention of playing (simply doesnt appeal to me, which doesnt mean i'm condesending the people who DO like it mind)(fear of flames) and again, no one even seems to know there are other newstuffs to play.

I'm not sure there is a very direct correlation between how many comments there are about a wad in the thread and how many people download and play it. Not everyone feels the need to argue about this stuff, and some people may not even look at the follow-up posts at all, and just read the article on the main DW page.

deathbringer said:

Or maybe thats cause YOURE NOT SUPPOSED TO RUN IT WITH NEWER VERSIONS, ONLY THE OLD ONE! XD

Hmpf, i have testet with the old and with the new.
Now go and die on icon of sin ;)

NiGHTMARE said:

Bastet Fury: sounds like you're not loading the included .deh patch

Hmm, something to try out....
IchBinSoDoof!IchBinSoDoof!IchBinSoDoof!IchBinSoDoof!IchBinSoDoof!IchBinSoDoof!IchBinSoDoof!IchBinSoDoof!IchBinSoDoof!IchBinSoDoof!IchBinSoDoof!

Was something? o.o

Bastet Furry said:

Hmm, something to try out....
IchBinSoDoof!IchBinSoDoof!IchBinSoDoof!IchBinSoDoof!IchBinSoDoof!IchBinSoDoof!IchBinSoDoof!IchBinSoDoof!IchBinSoDoof!IchBinSoDoof!IchBinSoDoof!

Was something? o.o

O¿O

Army of Darkness Doom freaking owns. Hail to the king, baby!

It made me hunt down a copy of the movie and tonight I am expecting my good friend to hook me up with the DVD. Ah, the memories.

Anyhow, play AoD Doom now.