Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cyb

More Doom 3 News

Because who can't get enough of it?! Here's a news article on Yahoo! with snips from a(nother) Todd 'The 6 Billion Interview Man' Hollenshead interview. He gets into not only more info on Doom 3's release, but also id's next game (which, amazingly, will not be Wolfenstein, Quake or Doom related... Commander Keen, perhaps?). Since it's not Doom then, we don't care, so here's an important quote:

Hollenshead said that while he could not put a firm date yet on the game's launch, the summer window was not just an approximate guess.

"It's more gospel than that," he said. "At this point the team back in Mesquite (Texas) is literally working on finishing."

Also, not related to anything, but I thought it was funny. Apparently some dudes made off with a demo copy of MGS3 at E3. Hmmmm, you know Ling was at E3...

FP! Cool! I would like to see what else ID can do other than the FPS as of late.

And MGS3: Doh!!!

I want a RTS o.o

And that MGS3 disc... bets are being taken till you can download an iso from donkey ;)
Sonys problem if they cant safeguard their stuff.

The article said that the new game will be new intellectual property so I guess that means no new Commander Keen game either.

It would be interesting to see ID do a 3d Commander Keen game that didn't have an M rating :-P

I'm being told by several people that it's been sighted on store shelves in Vancouver, BC. I'm going to investigate sometime today if I can get a few minutes off work.

Yes, I asked if it was just promotional display boxes.

Edit: Nope, false alarm. Sorry.

But I now have a peuter Mancubus.

His name is Gerald.

Dan said:

But I now have a peuter Mancubus.
His name is Gerald.

Awww that's no fair. How come you get stores that sell DOOM related things. I want a model Cyberdemon!

Hollenshead said that while he could not put a firm date yet on the game's launch, the summer window was not just an approximate guess.

Is it just me or is there a sense of contradiction in that sentence?