Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

On a Rampage

Obviously a lot went in to the story and the story is very cool.But unfortunately it doesn't play as well.The level design is rather bland&boring imo.And giving weapons infinite ammo seems like a way to make weapon placement easier on the author.and also the fact that it can't run on a current version of zdoom is rather irratating.I will still play it through eventually,I can only handle one level at a time.

Apparently that guy who made it put it on his website. Download it! quick! Before THAT site goes down!

Heh, like I asid, the music isnt necessarily crappy. I like the offspring, but I dont want to hear Come Out and Play repeated 50 times.

I got it from DC users. Very fun. The idea and story is AWESOME. I love the weapons and the level layout is pretty cool. Music is moderate. Gameplay is fast and furious...what a perfect megawad. This could be called the expansion to doom2.

I'm only gonna say this once, what the hell is wrong with you people?
You guys are bashing someone's work that has been worked on for 3 hard long years. So the level design and music ain't perfect, big deal. He made a good wad and that's all that matters. I'm also gonna ask that you quit saying illegal mp3's, you all know you've downloaded some before. Flash cartoons use illegal mp3's all the time and I don't see anyone bitching and whining about it.

Bloodskull said:

You guys are bashing someone's work that has been worked on for 3 hard long years. So the level design and music ain't perfect, big deal. He made a good wad and that's all that matters. I'm also gonna ask that you quit saying illegal mp3's, you all know you've downloaded some before. Flash cartoons use illegal mp3's all the time and I don't see anyone bitching and whining about it.

look at my image and it explains more of the bashing.

Bloodskull said:

All those years of hard work wont change the fact that some of us dont like it. And since it's been released to the public, the public is going to review it whether anyone likes it or not.

I personally dont care about the use of mp3s, but I just dont think they sound good at all in the wad.

bullshit.

geddit? because the barron looks like a bull, and the wad is shit!

ahahaahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahah.

Can anybody who has it tell us is there still any illegal material? (I mean actually illegal in law, not "nah, they copied it from foo.wad, mind you the authors of that did give permission".)

Haha! That's the best storyline I've seen in any game! I hope the game is as fun as it seems. Seems awesome... :-D Again, a classic storyline :-D

Martin Howe said:

Can anybody who has it tell us (a) How big is it with the MP3s removed? and (b) after removing MP3s is there still any illegal material? (I mean actually illegal in law, not "nah, they copied it from foo.wad, mind you the authors of that did give permission".)

When I removed the mp3s the file was 5mb smaller. I then did a clean up of the wad via xwe and the image shows the results. 75mb of wasted space!

BlackFish said:

When I removed the mp3s the file was 5mb smaller. I then did a clean up of the wad via xwe and the image shows the results. 75mb of wasted space!

I don't think so... I think all that space as the removed mp3s. A cleanup of the wad without removing mp3s will not reduce the size, meaning the author DID cleanup the wad. All you did was remove the music, which is the bulk of the size.

Downloading small version (9.94 megs now..LOL), lets see how bad it is hehe

Bloodskull said:

Crap

Knob. Most of the bashing is directed at the space the mp3's take up, and the fact it cant even be downloaded cause the site was down...

darknation said:

bullshit.

geddit? because the barron looks like a bull, and the wad is shit!

ahahaahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahah.

i should slap the poofter out of you for such a lame joke.

Even the 'small' WAD still contains almost all unaltered Doom graphics which not only makes this WAD illegal - it also makes it still bigger than necessary.

Anyway, this easily qualifies as one of the most disappointing 'major' releases recently.

The level design is mediocre at best but often borders on awful or annoying and what IMO hurts most is the totally unbalanced hit points of most enemies - most likely to compensate for the player's high health of 999. But all it creates is utterly tedious gameplay. Playing this was no fun at all. I got to level 5 - maybe it gets better afterward but there are better releases in /newstuff I'd rather play first than this. :-(

What bothers me most is the weapons. The concept of playing as a hell baron is great, but when I grabbed a shotgun I said "What?". I think there should have been a greater emphasis on emersing the player into being a Hell Baron. Starting the player off with a berserk pack helps... gives you a sense of power, but it needs more. I would have started the player off with the ability to throw fireballs, and given fireballs unlimited ammo. Then the rest of the weapons would be "Techniques" like fire stomp or "Power Fireball" that all use an ammuniton like "Demonic Force" or something. The feeling of being a hell baron is completely ruined by grabbing other weapons. I also would have scaled all the sprites in zdoom so that they were 80% making the player feel that much larger.

Scuba Steve said:

A Doom liturgy of goodness

Yes, I agree entirely.

Apart from the crappy copyrighted mp3s that make it huge, I'm enjoying it. It's rather an interesting idea, and killing all those various marines is fun. The levels are a little plain, but maybe they'll get better as they go on. Remember, some of them are like 3 years old. Being a baron is fun, what with the 999 health and the being able to wreck peoples shit with ease. I just wasn't aware that barons could use chainguns and shotguns. Oh well, it's still pretty enjoyable I think.