Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

Doom 3 Done?

Arno said:

The marine in that picture looks incredibly life-like. It's almost scary to think that soon we'll be battling with guys like that in DM-mode. Incredible.

I am going to suggest that that is a special high-rez Doomguy model made for advertisements...

hmm. now all i have to do is get a new HD to hold it, and more RAM to play it.

i need a job.

Arno said:

The marine in that picture looks incredibly life-like. It's almost scary to think that soon we'll be battling with guys like that in DM-mode. Incredible.

Yeah, that will be VERY incredible - it will feel just like killing a real person! WOOHOO!

No, j/k, but imagine how much people are going to be bitching over game violence now........uh oh

:)

Yeah, I think this thing is real, but I do not think it means Doom 3 is done. It just means that they have prepared for the release with these PR flyers.

It looks real, but it's probably something they've had printed up for some time, so it's ready when the game is done. Just relax people, ID will let us know when it's done.

6 CD's ,my god talk about a long install time. :D
Hope this august date aint bogus, even though the information on it describes August/September for the doom 3 mini mags, so i wouldn't count august out just yet.

Funny how the Doom3 box has an ESRB rating whereas the esrb database has no mention of a "Doom 3".

Just a bit more. The 2nd CD from the top is clearly missing the CD # label.
Come to think of it.. Where's the ESRB on the poster/flier thing? Granted they don't have to have it on there... gah.. so many holes... and yet..

I WANT TO BELIEVE.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00006C2HA/002-0172479-8518410?v=glance&s=videogames&me=ATVPDKIKX0DER&vi=pictures&img=14

Notice the "New Arrival" sticker. What does that mean? Anyone feel like breaking into Amazon.com`s warehouse?(and leaving $50 dollars for every copy we grab. And maybe an additional $100 for the broken windows)

I checked into it, and no other game that is going to be released soon has that sticker on the page.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00006I02Z/002-0172479-8518410?v=glance&s=videogames&n=468642&me=ATVPDKIKX0DER&vi=pictures&img=14#more-pictures

Half-life 2, no "new arrival" sticker. Any meaning?

You know when your games are taking up six CDs, maybe it's time to think about putting them on A FUCKING DVD.

Epistax said:

Jon - Uhh like UT2k4? Oh wait you only mean games you play.

And this invalidates his post how?

Arioch said:

And this invalidates his post how?

Well you see he stated that they need to start thinking about putting "games" on DVDs. As with the example I gave, Unreal Tournament 2004 is on a DVD (or a large number of CD's if you'd rather). Thus they are already doing it so there's a chance it's already being considered and/or already done for doom's release.

Epistax said:

The 2nd CD from the top is clearly missing the CD # label.

/me covers his eyes

OMG I'M CLEARLY MISSING MY EYES

It lines up under there. You just can't see it. Somebody could probably do an overlay to show you that the covered area is where the CD number part of the label should be... (I don't personally have the time or the sk1llz.)

BBG said:

Yeah, I think this thing is real, but I do not think it means Doom 3 is done. It just means that they have prepared for the release with these PR flyers.

I agree with what you just said BBG....

/me gets a beer and chills out.

Epistax said:

Well you see he stated that they need to start thinking about putting "games" on DVDs. As with the example I gave, Unreal Tournament 2004 is on a DVD (or a large number of CD's if you'd rather). Thus they are already doing it so there's a chance it's already being considered and/or already done for doom's release.

The phrase is "your" "games". Read more carefully.

AgentSpork said:

Um, exactly how would they be able to fit 6 CD's in a DVD case, anyway?

By stuffing them all in paper sleeves, I think they could.

AgentSpork said:

Eh it can probably be done. I can imagine ways it could be, if they made it so that the thing the dvds are in folded out and was really thin they might beable to pull it off, and the manual would be in the actual box the dvd was in or something. But who cares it was fake anyway. Spoot.

AgentSpork said:

With those "flip-out" cd holder things (I have no idea what they're really called) I could see eight cds in one dvd case. It can be one.

Shaviro said:

There goes all my respect for planetdoom.

I agree whole-heartidly. I already didn't like it because of how slow it loaded on my dial-up, and the fact that it was part of the Gamespy Network, but this...this just blows away any liking I had of them. They could have handled the situation way better, and didn't, and imo, it was on purpose.