Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dittohead

Doom 3 Has Gone Gold

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES.

When I get the money for my new computer, buy the parts, and put it together, the first game I'm buying is Doom 3.

Also, more YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES and just for good measure, YSE.

Since I'll never give birth to a son or daughter, this is probably the closest I'll come to knowing what it feels like.

Doom 3 is finally coming home. Doomsday is coming.

MONOCLES FLYING HIGH

Now I need to get a 9800Pro before August! :o

Epyo said:

so like 18-25 more days. yes that's so awesome.

dude, it's not so much that it's coming out in 18-25 more days, it's the very fact that it's finished and ready to be shipped. gold day is a very big day.

Nice. I preordered from ebgames last year. I wonder if they'll ship it early so that arrives on the 3rd or 4th or if they'll ship on the 3rd. Maybe I should just cancel and go get it from the mall on the 3rd.

-E

YESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

If only I wasn't too poor to upgrade my computer. :(

I hope the first version comes on CD-ROM first since I do not have a DVD drive.

Ichor said:

Doom 3 on CNN

Cool, I was looking for a doom3 article on CNN thanks Ichor!

CNN/Money said:

The game will ship on either three or four CDs. Despite the hopes of hard-core gamers, though, there will not be a DVD version of the game, id Software CEO Todd Hollenshead told CNN/Money.

"There's just not a compelling reason," he said, taking a break from a company celebration.

"I know some gamers are hoping to use the DVD players on their machines for something other than watching movies, but there are downsides," he said. "For us the cost of the goods and the cost of the replication and having to make two masters just isn't worth it."

I've been waiting for this news since 1996. IT'S DONE! IT'S DONE! Ring the bells and parade down the streets!

I mentioned it in another so I'll mention it here. They declined to release it on DVD. It seems that it doesn't make money sense yet.

oh yeah I forgot. YIPPIE!