Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

Everyone Is Doomed August 2005

...or so the movie poster will probably say. I was browsing Variety today when I came across a notice in their "release dates" section that the Doom movie, which Universal claims they are making but id Software seems not to have been notified of, has a listed release date of August 5, 2005. Considering that's about a year from now and as far as I know they haven't even started casting this seems a little optimistic, but hey there you go.

it might be one of those "lets make a crappy movie really fast just to make alot of money". Like AVP and Jason X.

The concept of a Doom 3 movie seems asinine. The game Doom 3 is like a movie itself. Granted, one with little or no plot, but it's also a game, so I think that's the idea. But regardless, it already looks, and at times playz, like a movie, and the only people who would really want to go see it would be people who like the game. So I ask...

Why?

One of my friends said that her cousin went to Italy to play "in a crowd" some monster. So it already began.

BTW This movie is doomed - I believe it will end in the deepest pits of hell no matter who will be the director. And if the lunatic Uwe will fuck up any other of our favorite games we will start chainsaws and pay him a visit, agree? :)

Linguica said:

...that the Doom movie, which Universal claims they are making but id Software seems not to have been notified of...

WTF??? How can they make the movie without id being aware beforehand?

Cacodreams said:
WTF??? How can they make the movie without id being aware beforehand?

Standard tactic.. they change stuff just enough so they don't have to pay royalties.