Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Arioch

QuakeCon Doom 3 Mod Seminar

Saw in "ye olde forums" that id held a seminar today at QuakeCon discussing various aspects of modding for Doom 3. A report of the seminar can be found as an exclusive at HomeLAN Fed.

Things to look forward to in the coming week (or perhaps slightly longer) include a patch for the game, the SDK--which will include a map with an example vehicle, and various additional tools and exporters for people who want to get to work on modelling.

Sweet. Maybe we'll see a D3 mod where you have to drive a landcart across some Martian surface...

I am still confused as to the apparent need for vehicles in FPSes. Ever since BF1942 people have been going crazy for any type of vehicle.

Vehicles just add a new element to the game besides the already existant
"I have a sniper rifle and I see you so you're dead LOL n00b" or
"You walked into a room but I was crouched next to the door LOL you're dead" and of course
"You're on my team but this would be really funny. LOL pwn3d"

These three statements encapsulate almost every FPS. But with the advent of vehicles we alos now have:
"You're not in a vehicle but I am LOL 5kw15h3d"

So you can see that adding vehicles is a major addition to the game.

Epistax said:

So you can see that adding vehicles is a major addition to the game.

Werd.

AirRaid said:

I am still confused as to the apparent need for vehicles in FPSes. Ever since BF1942 people have been going crazy for any type of vehicle.

Heh, people have been after vehicles since long before that. In fact, I remember reading a preview of Doom 2 (it was either PC Gamer UK or PC Zone) where the author of the article expressed his wish that the game feature drivable vehicles.

Sign in to follow this