Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

The /newstuff Chronicles #195

Well I played the E1M5 remake and can't say I'm that impressed :( Definitely preferred the E1M3 remake from a little while back. I don't think it takes too much to add some detail to an old map, and I would have liked to have see some more changes to the gameplay. As it is all the changes I think are for the worse. The map is much more linear than the original, and the traps are just way too annoying. Fighting hellknights in a cramped space with a shotgun is not my idea of fun (and then I wouldn't expect to do it more than once in a level).

And why oh why do people ever use stealth monsters... I know some people seem to like them, but I really don't understand why they were even added to ZDoom in the first place.

I played Kaiser_12 on skill 1, to get used to it, it was a lot of fun this time around. Also re-played Tremor on skill 1, and i have to transfer my Wad of the week to that, stunning architecture, great gameplay and...stunning architecture again. I'll have to finish it off then go back up to HMP and try it "properly",heh

The Flange Peddler said:

And why oh why do people ever use stealth monsters... I know some people seem to like them, but I really don't understand why they were even added to ZDoom in the first place.

I agree, stealth monster are dumb, no one should use them.

Well, they can be some surprise, but in masses they can be really annoying. Semivisible (zdoom transparency or drawfuzz) ones are better.

Meh, I think they are ok, maybe for a scare here in there, but yeah, normal "partially invisible" monsters are better because you can barely see them, as opposed to stealth monsters, where, well... ;)

there's nothing wrong with stealth monsters if they are placed well in the map it's just annoying when your fighting an army of them

I use stealth monsters for difficulty's sake, but I don't over-use them. I may add 3 or 4 here and there throughout a map, but I always make them week monsters that won't be able to do much damage like imps and demons. I will use a stealth Hell Knight here and there, but not very often and never more than one.

It could be worse. People could bloat their maps with my mini-cybs!