Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Manc

Knee Deep In Zee Doom

Smileys do not work as punctuation marks, they have a clear semantic bent and are generally used at the end of sentences only because it's usually awkward to place them elsewhere, where they are most likely used in a parenthetical way, or simply as replacements for words or structures. The proper smiley and the heart are probably the earliest smileys. Where's the punctuation in I <3 NY? And the proper smiley has almost no bearing on the structuring of sentences and paragraphs, except aesthetically.

Punctuation helps define grammatical units and can categorize them according to generally defining modes. Smileys affect grammar only in a minor relative way and have a more independent versatile usage. They share some qualities, like clarifying or making explicit what could be more or less lost out of context, but punctuation marks are on the grammatical side, whereas smileys are on the semantic.

Non-graphical smileys are sloppy in themselves. Some of the graphical ones are so, too... mainly the ugly ones. Some people prefer to disable graphical smileys, and that's fine when it gears the medium into a more textual means with less stupidity, but I'm loathe to use them unless they look good, when they look just fine after (or in addition to) punctuation.

Less talk of punctuation/smileys, more talk of KDiZD / Knee Deep In the Dead 2005 edition / KDitD+ / whatever you want to call it.

NiGHTMARE said:

Less talk of punctuation/smileys, more talk of KDiZD / Knee Deep In the Dead 2005 edition / KDitD+ / whatever you want to call it.

I seriously second that.

On topic-I would also like to add it will have co-op support :D

Sign in to follow this