Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xenaero

The /newstuff Chronicles #225

MasterOfPuppets said:

well then you can just use your copy of xwe or your copy of wintex to remove NOINTERMISSION from the MAPINFO lump.

Exactly. Graf Zahl already said that. So, if people are going to do it anyway, there's no harm in providing an override in the engine to make it easier (again as Graf suggested) - especially as it has an actual use as well as being a personal preference for some people.

I doubt it's possible to JUST ban him from reviewing, but a fucktard like him doesn't deserve to be on the internet anyway, so the least that can be done is ban him from the site completely.

Yes, I presume an IP ban from Doomworld would stop someone accessing the idgames database, and thus from making these "reviews". I don't know if the IP is logged for each review though*, or what could be done without using such a big sledgehammer to crack such a small (but annoying) nut.

I believe Ling can also nuke individual reviews (you may have noticed a hidden "X" link beside each review).

* I imagine it is, since it makes some effort to prevent multiple reviews by the same user.

StopThisRetard said:

Is it possible to ban someone from writing reviews? I'm getting sick of seeing "stop this wads updated in 1994" for every wad.

Sure it's possible. I'll also ban you from here, considering you were the one who wrote those reviews.

*/me falls over, dies laughing*

...it's really him? OMG... that must be the shortest stay at DW's forums ever...

That brightened up my day dramatically, thanks Bloodshedder.

SS-Bowen said:
The reason that the Succubi turn into imps when they did is because i didnt like the death scene for the succubi. They would turn into little statues and stay there.

Because without their DeHacked patch the death sequence ends in the wrong frame.

For my next mega wad, ill probably have some friends create some levels so that we can each put alot more time into them, adding detail.

More importantly, do not simply edit the IWAD. This is unnecessary and illegal. Start a new PWAD and add the new resources as they are needed and used. This upload included totally pointless entries such as the original demo lumps, endoom and everything you didn't replace with new entries you got from other sources. It was obvious you didn't yet know how to add new patches and textures, since you didn't even modify PNAMES and TEXTURE1, nor did you try to add any textures.

Needless to say, if you wish to re-upload your creation, you must do so by including only what you add or modify in the wad. People can then play it thus or patch it with DeuTex to load it with an older engine. You might not want to bother, though, given the wad's (admittedly expected) reception.

Bloodshedder said:

Sure it's possible. I'll also ban you from here, considering you were the one who wrote those reviews.

This is hilarious!

Bloodshedder said:

what a retard.

Xenophon said:

...it's really him? OMG... that must be the shortest stay at DW's forums ever...

I recall banning gobber1234512345 within about 3 minutes of him registering. And there are probably quicker instances than that too, where someone registers an obvious ban-evasion account.